Buyer - International And Contemporary Foo
Job descriptionBUYER - INTERNATIONAL AND CONTEMPORARY FOOTWEAR - KNIGHTSBRIDGE
Resource, recommend and buy an appropriate merchandise range for assigned departments to meet agreed sales, stock, mark-down and profit targets in line with the overall Company buying strategy and to provide secondary support to the Buying Manager across all relevant functions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Research, prepare and present product ranges to the Head of Buying to meet the above, taking into account sales history, fashion trends and space allocation to products and product seasonality.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of existing and potential suppliers and manufacturers at home and overseas and build successful relationships with suppliers through regular and effective communication.
- Resource, select, recommend and buy a commercial range of product within each area in accordance with agreed buying objectives, ensuring that selected product meets overall strategic guidelines in terms of price and fashionability and category mix.
- Attendance of Buying appointments throughout the year, which may require travel both in and outside of the UK.
- Regularly review each individual market, closely monitoring competitor's activity and trends within product area.
- Establish and negotiate the best possible terms to provide planned gross margins and stock turn.
- Effective liaison with the Assistant Buyer, Buyers Administrator & warehouse to ensure the timely receipt of goods into the stores, phasing planned intake in order to meet sales, stock, mark-down and profit targets.
- accurate monitoring of deliveries
- import management
- effective liaison with the warehouse
- Manage cancellations to ensure that the stock levels at any given time reflect the up-to-date sales picture.
- Visual Merchandising
- Promotional Activity
- Staff Training
- Negotiated supplier contributions where applicable
- Prepare and present seasonal financial and brand plans to the Head of Buying and Group Fashion Buying Director, in preparation for the seasonal Range Review to the CEO and Board.
- Review planned margin, terminal stock and mark-down regularly with the Buying Manager to meet the above.
- Ensure data integrity to manage accurate data reporting.
- Action weekly sales information in order to highlight requirements for repeat orders, mark-downs and range changes and review this formally with the Buying Manager.
- Ensure that the department buying team are recruited and trained in order to develop potential and meet Company requirements.
- Work closely with online team in both e-commerce and web marketing teams to ensure the best range of brands and products is available online including securing exclusives.
- Manage all aspects of launching and maintaining a brand online
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Has a 'can-do' enthusiastic attitude
- A natural relationship builder, with the ability to work independently
- Intermediate skills in using Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills
- Able to lead and motivate a team
- Proven Buying experience
- A good understanding of the market trends
- Previous team management experience
- Previous budget management experience
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowance
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs - from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.