Buyer Kids Apparel
We're fans, just like you and we are searching for dedicated, passionate team members who are ready to host a party for our guests and show their love for our city and team sports! Rally House has the largest selections of officially licensed NCAA, NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and MLS merchandise. Not to mention everything that represents the city you love and live in!Position Summary
Buyers are hands-on in all aspects of an assigned category within Rally House! A typical day includes product selection, forecasting, trend analysis, assortment planning, vendor negotiation and leading a team of Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and Buyers in Training. This position thrives off analytical attention, creative passion for sports, and a deep interest in players and statistics. From product selection to allocation, Buyer’s capitalize on all opportunities to drive business and offer incredible product in all Rally House store’s nationwide!What This Role Will Accomplish
- Research and development of seasonal and hot market trends.
- Lead product selection process by league and make suggestions for missed opportunities to meet customer demand.
- Collaborate with other buying/planning teams for hot market events nationwide.
- Provide pre and post event analysis
- Allocation of merchandise to stores with forethought of an omni-channel service
- Develop promotions and marketing concepts to drive merchandise sales
- Manage vendor relationships, event/hot market planning, providing regular updates, determining production schedules, and maintaining effective communication to provide the local sales reps and accounts with needed updates.
- Build strong vendor partnerships and assist in negotiation of prices and credit terms
- Work closely with Marketing and ecommerce teams to drive merchandise sales in-stores and online
- Manage high volume of purchase orders from aspects of purchase order creation, inventory logistics, receiving, and allocation
- Maintain accountability for all inventory management with guidance from General Merchandise Manager
- Design and allocate products for placement and sales in all stores
- Negotiate costs to maximize gross margin while maintaining competitive retail prices
- Ensure vendor compliance with shipping and pricing policies
- Review recommendations from Junior Buyers for the development of product lines and assortments to achieve budgeted sales
- Work independently while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Identify trends to develop new products, graphics, and Rally House exclusives
- Supervise Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buyers in Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Merchandising, or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Junior Buyer or Buyer in a large volume business, preferably with an emphasis on hardgoods
- Experience with buying licensed product within the sports industry preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization, coordination, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work professionally and diplomatically with all levels of internal/external management
- Proficiency in Excel
- Sports Enthusiast
- Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) after 30 days
- 401(k) with company match
- 40%-50% Store Discount (sport your favorite team, DAILY!)
- Paid Time-Off
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Rally House to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national original, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. The law also prohibits discrimination or retaliation against individuals because they oppose illegal discrimination, file a complaint alleging discriminatory conduct in good faith, or assist in an investigation related to discrimination