Buyer Local Apparel
Buyers are hands on in all aspects of an assigned category within Rally House! A typical day includes product selection, forecasting, trend analysis, assortment planning, vendor negotiation and leading a team of Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and Buyers in Training. This position thrives off of analytical attention and creative passion for sports apparel. From product selection to allocation, Buyer’s capitalize on all opportunities to drive business and offer incredible product in all Rally House stores nationwide!
The company was founded as a souvenir and gift giving store. It’s important to us to maintain that element as we expand in to new markets. The Local Apparel Buyer is responsible for gaining knowledge about each of our locations, cities and states and curating an assortment that is unique to that store. Rally House prides itself on understanding the differences and unique elements of each of our markets from local foods to landmarks, this role spends a lot of time delving in to what makes each of our cities and states tick. The local apparel buyer will work with our in house private label team as well as a multitude of national and local vendors to bring this assortment to life.Duties And Responsibilities
- Allocation of merchandise to stores based on inventory analysis
- Develop promotions and marketing concepts to drive merchandise sales
- Build strong vendor partnerships and assist in negotiation of prices and credit terms
- Work closely with Marketing and ecommerce teams to drive merchandise sales in-stores and online
- Manage high volume of purchase orders from aspects of purchase order creation, inventory logistics, receiving, and allocation
- Forecasting, reporting, and sales analysis
- Maintain accountability for all inventory management with guidance from General Merchandise Manager
- Design and allocate products for placement and sales in all stores
- Negotiate costs to maximize gross margin while maintaining competitive retail prices
- Ensure vendor compliance with shipping and pricing policies
- Review recommendations from Junior Buyers for the development of product lines and assortments to achieve budgeted sales
- Work independently while managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines.
- Identify trends to develop new products, graphics, and Rally House exclusives
- Supervise Junior Buyers, Assistant Buyers and Buyers in Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Textiles, Fashion Merchandising, and Apparel Management, or related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience as a Junior Buyer or Buyer in a large volume business, preferably in apparel or accessories
- Experience with buying licensed product within the sports apparel industry preferred
- Proficiency in Excel
- Sports Enthusiast
Required Natural Behaviors
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Strong math skills
- Sports minded
This position reports directly to the Head MerchantSupervisory Responsibilities
- Direct supervision of Assistant Buyer
- Up to 15%
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. Based on business needs or guest service objectives, the incumbent in this position may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those listed above.Physical Requirements/Environmental Factors
Tools, Machines, and/or Equipment Used:
Indicate how frequently an incumbent in this position will be required to perform various physical tasks in the chart below.
N/A - Not a task normally performed.
Occasional - Incumbent spends less than 1/3 of his/her time performing this task. Frequent - Incumbent spends 1/3 – 2/3 of his/her time performing this task.
Constant - Incumbent spends more than 2/3 of his/her time performing this task.
Use the following legend to specify lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling requirements:
- < 10 lbs.
- 10 lbs.
- 11 – 20 lbs.
- 21 – 50 lbs.
- 51 – 100 lbs.