We're New Look and we've been at the forefront of British high-street fashion since 1969. Over the last 50 years, we've grown to be a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-driven fashion for women, men, girls and boys.
Our passion is feel-good fashion at feel-good prices - and we truly believe that all starts with us. Our values inspire us every day: we play to win, we're customer-obsessed and we work as one to give each and every one of our customers That New Look Feeling.
It's a busy and exciting time for the brand and we're on the hunt for a Menswear Buyer to join our growing Buying team.
Buying is the department that brings together creative inspiration & commercial planning to deliver the best ranges for our customer. Product is at the heart of everything we do, from developing the best prints for dresses, the must have coat of the season or the 'It' bag. Always thinking 'customer first' we work hard with our suppliers in the UK & across the world to deliver fashion at amazing prices & as quickly as possible. Buying is fast paced and exciting & every day is unique.
The role of the Buyer is to put the customer requirements at the centre of the product offer to develop and deliver a commercial and profitable range that maximises sales opportunity. Agree and support delivery of the departmental sourcing plan, optimising the best route for product in line with the business area strategy (in conjunction with Merchandising and Quality). Negotiate with the departmental Supplier base to deliver better values, cost prices and lead time. Deputise in the absence of the Head of Buying.
- Understanding the Business Strategy and how that impacts your Department
- Developing and implementing departmental strategy with your Team
- Determining a pricing strategy and price point policy for ranges in conjunction with the Merchandiser
- Seasonal Fabric Planning and Fabric Commitment Management
- Works within the Open To Buy (OTB) targets to maximise the customer proposition across the regions and markets, reflecting the Regional Range Plan
- Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place and trends to drive the direction of the department
- Capacity planning determining the production capacity required to meet changing demands for the product
- Understanding of the Department's current Customer insights, Market Share and opportunities
- Applying New Look brand and sub-brand strategy to product and range decisions within own area
- Understanding product trends and interpreting them where relevant into product areas
- Exploiting OTB through product development
- Understanding of the Option Framework and ensuring the Designer is aware of options that require development
- Negotiating the best cost price to achieve departmental margin targets and reacting to market conditions to protect profit
- Developing the right product at the right time, in line with the departmental design brief to meet customer requirements
- Building ranges to option framework to maximise sales and proft and to offer the customer the best assortment
- Understanding the best sourcing route and Supplier for product whilst developing a short lead time route for trading
- Managing and singing off product specification packs, seeing beyond current trends and thinking innovatively to meet the Critical Path
- Working with Design to develop the brief and product, sharing ideas with other product areas to ensure brand / product consistency
- Monitoring Critical Path on Commitment to insure intake targets are met
- Highlighting trial product opportunities for all channels to maximise future sales and reduce risk
- Working with Garment Tech to complete fit sessions in order to develop blocks and fit, that reflects design input and customer trends
- Agreeing packaging requirements and presentation of product in line with the Critical Path
- Managing fabric, print and colour where relevant with the Fabric Team
- Identifying new sourcing opportunities and providing focused, clear development direction to the current supplier base
- Planning production for suppliers in conjunction with the Merchandiser
- Managing Supplier relationships and KPI's along with the Supply Base Team
- Fully manage the Critical Path from concept through to Buying, making adaptations (where required) to react to market changes and challenges
- Reviewing current sales with the Merchandiser, reacting appropriately to maximise sales opportunity whist predicting emerging trends to increase market share
- Understanding the implications of Weekly Sales & Stock Intake (WSSI) changes on Range Building and responds accordingly
- Sharing of information where relevant on Product, Suppliers, Best /Worst sellers within the business area and across other business areas
- Monitor, maintain and action a full competitor analysis, and present ideas to gain competitor advantage
- Knowledge of all the elements that make up the cost of a product
- Understanding of supply chain issues / cost - (e.g. product lead times/ flexibility/ supplier capability)
- Ability to develop and build a comprehensive product range based on agreed option framework in the Assortment Planning Tool
- Understanding of packaging and presentation of a product to the Customer
- A comprehensive knowledge of the current competitive market place (comparative shopping)
- Understanding launch plans, phasing and sale dates
- Ability to identify relevant product trends in the Global retail market place (directional shopping)
- Ability to put together a comprehensive and clear design brief (in conjunction with the Designer and Garment Technologist
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills
- Multi product experience
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain strong relationships with Design, Merchandising, Garment Tech and Suppliers
- Previous experience as a Junior Buyer / Buyer within a major retailer / department within New Look
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look. We prioritise development, offering training to support your progression, so you can be at your absolute best and achieve your goals. You'll also receive these amazing benefits, to name only a few:
40% staff discount
Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
Quarterly sample sales
Season ticket loans
Apply now to find out more.