Buyer - New Jersey
2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
OverviewIf you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as a Buyer! Are you an experienced retail professional with expert industry knowledge, a passion for fashion and a great eye for trends? Do you understand the unique off-price model and think you would be comfortable in a fast-paced, data-drive environment where you’ll need to react quickly and think on your feet? Do you have great relationship-building and negotiation skills? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
As a Buyer, you’ll manage direct buying based on vendors or classifications and will be accountable for sales and margin performance within a product division against plan. You are on the front lines, finding great deals on high quality goods that will drive sales in our e-commerce and brick and mortar business. You’ll work alongside our Planning and Allocations teams to develop and manage an overall strategy. You will have to think on your feet while also looking at the big picture, as you preserve liquidity so you are able to make opportunistic buys on highly compelling, quality, branded goods that provide incredible value and inspiration to our customers. You will build and maintain strong professional relationships within the vendor community to ensure we are able to secure the best deals on the merchandise our customers want and will always stay ahead of industry trends and monitor business results to drive sales by delivering great values to our customers every day!
- Preserve liquidity by partnering with DMM and planner to manage Open to Buy on a 90 day and seasonal basis.
- Manage receipts by balancing assortments and flexing from flow versus pack-away; effectively alter receipt flow based on business trends.
- Analyzes business performance daily and weekly, promptly reacts to changes in the business, and attack slow-selling product with aggressive pricing action.
- Manage pricing decisions, in partnership with DMM, to achieve competitive position and CIMU plans.
- Shop competitor and Burlington stores regularly to identify opportunities, labels, and trends.
- Use influence to achieve business goals; Establishes strong relationships with vendors and exercises flexibility in approach to negotiations.
- Establish and maintain credibility and reputation for responsiveness in the marketplace by promptly returning vendor phone calls, and ensuring timely follow up.
- Objectively assess merchandise mix in order to continually improve assortments and assess the price/value relationship based on knowledge of market and current business.
- Seek out new resources to broaden merchandizing mix and pursue creative methods of seeking out desired merchandise.
- Elicit critical information from vendors with regard to market trends and current buying activity of competitors.
- Trains and develops Assistant and Associate Buyers; creates agreed upon development goals with staff and works with them to achieve those milestones
Candidates must have aBachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising, Business or Liberal Arts
and aminimum of 3 years of Buying experience
– preferably in an off-price environment. Proficiency in merchandising systems and Microsoft Excel is required. Our Buyers travel to market in New York City on a weekly basis, as well as various other locations to perform market research and competitive shopping. The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage, flexible hours, and an associate discount. Burlington’s benefits package includes medical, dental and vision coverage including life and disability insurance. Full time associates are also eligible for paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan.
We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of training and development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. Our teams work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number2021-146770LocationUS-NJ-BurlingtonAddress2006 Route 130 NorthZip Code08016Position TypeRegular Full-TimePosted Date1 month ago(10/4/2022 12:31 PM)Career Site CategoryCorporatePosition CategoryBuyingEvergreenYes