Buyer - Prestige Skincare ii
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy's has served generations at every stage of their lives. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy's Merchandising curates the best national and private brands to support our customer's self-expression from off-price to luxury. Merchandising ensures Macy's is the premier fashion authority using a high acumen for products and trends as well as strong relationships with vendors in the marketplace. Our team maximizes sales and gross margin for each product category by identifying, procuring, and assorting the products that our customers demand.
Do you have an eye for products and trends? Join Macy's Merchandising and create connections that surprise and delight our customers at every turn.
The Buyer is responsible for driving sales, margin, turn and growth across both channels in area of responsibility and supporting total company objectives. This position is responsible for managing pre-season and in-season assortment building, including assortment selection and assortment driver strategies. The Buyer must be able to develop and execute a strategic vision, with a progressive, customer centric-approach all while delivering on sales and profit objectives. A fundamental requirement is to be able to build trust with their teams and key collaborators. Another key requirement is to demonstrate curiosity in a much broader and more complex business environment transcending our traditional competitive landscape in order to re-engage our customer. Perform other duties as assigned. The Buyer will be known as a trusted, collaborative and results-oriented leader, business partner and change agent who can lead through influence and who possesses professional maturity and industry credibility. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable and effective leading through significant complexity. Candidates must be comfortable with quickly evaluating and sun-setting legacy approaches that no longer align to the strategy. The ideal candidate will be known for both vision and an equally strong orientation for speed.
- Lead and manage development of assortment, including assortment selection and assortment strategies, which support the high level assortment vision and maximize sales, margin, and turnover.
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 5+ years related experience
- Ideally, 5-plus years of experience in retail, catalogue or ecommerce buying.
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required