Buyer Relations Specialist
Informa Markets, a division within Informa, creates global platforms for industries. We organise over 500 large-scale branded and transaction-oriented events in 14 specialist markets. These are typically not-to-be-missed annual events where buyers and sellers build relationships, see and show products and do business.
We also provide year-round online platforms where companies showcase their businesses and products and buyers conduct research, generating valuable leads, and we provide data and digital content that supports the flow of knowledge and transactions in markets.
Informa’s FashionPortfolio is the leading producer of world-renowned fashion tradeshows and digital events such as MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING. We believe uniting the industry’s best talent and most dynamic opportunities will translate into stronger events for buyers and sellers and help us achieve our promise to the industry: to bring together great brands and retailers in superbly merchandised experiences, provide superior customer service, and ultimately present end consumers with the best apparel, footwear, accessories, and fashion products.Job Description
What we’re looking for:
The Buyer Relations Specialist role engages, develops, cultivates and maintains strong relationships internally and with sourcing buyers, to secure attendance atInforma Fashion physical and digital trade events. This role focuses on maintaining and strengthening buyer relationships, while identifying new targets. Working with the Vice President, Marketing and Brand teams, they will educate and recruit buyers to attend, build customer relationships and supports sales,marketing and PRregarding buyer-specific information.
Role Accountability and Duties:
- Researches new buyers to invite to the events; studies market categories, identifies leaders in both the exhibitor and buyer roles and targets potential attendees within assigned tiers and segments.
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with key buyers within assigned tier or segment.
- Proactive relationship building with key retention buyers via phone, email, video conference, and face to face.
- Responds to buyer inquiries viain personor video conference meetings, phone, and e-mail; researches and resolves all questions.
- Working in tandem with Brand leads and copywriters, contributes to the “voice” of buyer relations. Collaborates on the creation of copy and other buyer collateral; works with marketing to entice buyer attendance. Provides information for potential new buyer attendees including exhibitor listings, hotel rates sheets and other show information.
- Qualifies prospective attendees as buyers and helps them complete the registration process to attend the events.
- Tracks, updates, and analyzes data regarding buyers in our database; provides ongoing buyer information for the sales team including key buyer lists and relevant content about new and returning buyers. Prepares and executes reports and analysis as requested.
- Coordinates on-site show set-up and execution as needed; Assists with onsite buyer programs and events as required.
- Handles matchmaking buyer requests with exhibitors. Partner with sales to get the appropriate matches for buyers.
- Handles matchmaking exhibitor requests with buyers. Partner with sales to get the appropriate matches for exhibitors.
- Clean the buyer data base on an ongoing basis and segment buyer data in order to understand the attendee opportunity and be able to market appropriately.
- Source new buyer leads weekly to create ongoing opportunities for new buyer relationships for the various events.
- Partner with Vice President and Marketing team to set promotional schedule and calendar for buyer education and content for physical and digital trade events.
- Partner with Vice President and Marketing team to acquire any required assets for marketing as related to promotion of content, speakers, sponsors and partners. This includes all Informa’s marketing channels, such as but not limited to email, social media, and media partners.
- Partner with Vice President and Marketing team to organize and produce buyer educational content promoting Regional Partners, Sponsors and Exhibitors for physical and digital trade events. This includes informational webinars and Q&A forums, both live and pre-recorded. Work with Vice President to define plan and strategy.
- Partner with Vice President and Informa’s Consultants, Sponsors and Partners to coordinate, schedule and secure speakers for buyer educational content as required.
What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, fashion buying/merchandising orequivalent experience.
- 2-4 years working for a fashion sourcing event, fashion retailorapparel brand product development and/or production.
- Understanding, knowledge and interest in the fashion industry and sourcing supply chain.
- Priorrelationships andnetwork of fashion buyers and retailers a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Strong customer service approach.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented, creative and innovative thinker.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Self-starter who knows how to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Salesforce a plus.
The pay range for this position is $53,125 - $65,000, depending on experience.Additional Information
Why work at Informa
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse, and ambitious team that welcomesall types of candidates.We are alsoflexiblewithdifferent working patternsandprioritize promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 10 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- ESPP - become a shareholder
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a jobhere.
This posting will automatically expire on February 19, 2024.