Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job descriptionJob Overview:
As a Buyer, you will elevate Bloomingdale's competitive position by buying merchandise to drive sales and profitability across store and online for an assigned area of business. You will work closely with existing vendors to curate a distinguished Bloomingdale's assortment, as well as seek out new and differentiating vendors to satisfy our customer demand. The Buyer will focus on achieving sales, gross margin, and turn over objectives in your assigned area of the business. You will develop and implement strategies by vendor, collaborating with Planning to analyze and respond to sales trends. As a People Leader, you will inspire your team by fostering a culture of agility, and continuous learning.
- Set the vision for product category and determine in-season reaction to product performance; leverage analysis to determine quantity, styles, and reorder
- Strategically plan, manage, and control inventory inclusive of the Rolling Operating Forecast (ROF) to maximize profits, optimize sales and margin
- Recommend major brand and classification strategies, prepare and present style-out to DMM
- Negotiate with vendors for collection of Return to Vendor (RTV) and Mark Down Dollar Allowance (MDA) money
- Reconcile projected Point of Sale (POS) and hardmarks
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.