Buyer, Women's Fashion Accessories
The Cato Corporation, a leading specialty retailer of value-priced women’s fashion apparel with corporate offices located in Charlotte, North Carolina, operates three concepts: Cato, It’s Fashion and Versona. The Company has over 1,300 stores throughout the United States and a diverse workforce of over 7,500 associates. The Company’s stock is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “CATO”.
The company is seeking an experienced Accessories Buyer to join its Versona merchandising team.
- Maximizing merchandise contribution;
- Managing merchandise receipts and open to buy;
- Initiating the development, purchase and delivery of merchandise assortments;
- Negotiating all aspects of product purchasing with vendors;
- Interpreting fashion trends for the customer;
- Communicating merchandise information to appropriate cross-functional team members;
- Shopping competition and company stores regularly;
- Supervising and training associates and/or assistants; and
- Implementing marketing and sales promotion strategy for assigned areas.
- Possesses a proven history of successful fashion buying and product development experience; Results oriented, creative and analytical;
- Prior experience in a specialty retail organization with a product development background;
- Proven track record of increasing sales and driving profitability;
- Excellent managerial/leadership skills;
- Collaborative aptitude;
- Minimum of 5 years buying experience; and
- Must be able to relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina.
The company offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance package, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Stock Purchase Plan and more! Please send resume, including salary history to: The Cato Corporation, Attn: Recruitment, PO Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28234. Fax to (704) 551-7246 or email to [email protected] EOE/Drug