Buyers Administration Assistant- Level 2
We're New Look and we've been at the forefront of British high-street fashion since 1969. Over the last 50 years, we've grown to be a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-driven fashion for women, men, girls and boys.
Our passion is feel-good fashion at feel-good prices - and we truly believe that all starts with us. Our values inspire us every day: we play to win, we're customer-obsessed and we work as one to give each and every one of our customers That New Look Feeling.
It's a busy and exciting time for the brand and we're on the hunt for a Buyers Admin Assistant to join our growing Buying team.
Buying is the department that brings together creative inspiration & commercial planning to deliver the best ranges for our customer. Product is at the heart of everything we do, from developing the best prints for dresses, the must have coat of the season or the 'It' bag. Always thinking 'customer first' we work hard with our suppliers in the UK & across the world to deliver fashion at amazing prices & as quickly as possible. Buying is fast paced and exciting & every day is unique.
- Strategy awareness at Group and Department Level
- Awareness of Brand Vision
- Managing daily /weekly tasks in line with Ways Of Working (WOW)
- Preparation for Departmental Meetings
- Supporting the Buying team with data entry into the planning tool
- Raising purchase orders
- Working to the Critical Path to meet all deadlines
- Dealing with issues arising with orders both internally and externally
- Taking ownership of finding solutions
- Coordinating barcode process
- Maintaining purchase orders in the Critical Path in the relevant system
- Assisting the team with supplier slippage management
- Actioning any order amendments under direction from the B&M team
- Supporting commitment through the weekly team updates
- Processing samples received
- Labeling, logging, organising and filing samples
- Preparing samples for meetings
- Maintaining the departments range and samples
- Driving the press sample process to ensure that the department offer is fully potentialised
- Ensuring production samples are received in time to pre shoot for online sales
- Maintaining the latest imagery of samples
- Preparing samples in readiness for3PE partner meetings
- Basic understanding of trade reports
- Basic understanding of trade decisions
- Attending Group Trade meetings
- An understanding of the New Look Customer
- Basic understanding of our Customer Insight and Market Share
- Actively contributing in trend and competitor analysis, making recommendations for changes or developments
- Ongoing familiarity of the competition's product range
- Completing and reporting back on NL store visits and competitor shops
An understanding of fashion trends and knowledge of the high street
Demonstrates passion for Product
Previous experience working in Fashion / Retail and / or as a Buying Admin Assistant
Fashion Qualification / Other degree desirable
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look. We prioritise development, offering training to support your progression, so you can be at your absolute best and achieve your goals. You'll also receive these amazing benefits, to name only a few:
40% staff discount
Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
Quarterly sample sales
Season ticket loans
While we've always championed our smarter working policy, COVID has shaken things up for us. Now, our colleagues balance their time between home and office, and always in accordance with government advice - we believe this is the best way to maintain a flexible but collaborative and social way of working.
Apply now to find out more.