Buyer's Assistant - HBC
- Our Mission: Touching lives for the better
- Our Vision: Touching lives by being the first choice for bargain-minded consumers in the U.S.
- Our Values & Behaviors: Achievement, Diversity, Entrepreneurship, Family, Fun, Integrity & Service
Our Purchasing team’s mission is to provide bargain-minded customers with the deepest discounts on quality and branded products. In many ways our team is the heart of the organization- building and maintaining vendor relationships and providing solutions for our supplier partners and independent operators. Our buyers are empowered with speed, flexibility, and freedom while their passion and creativity embody the art of closeout buying. Successful members of our team are motivated to exceed annual comp sales, thrive in a collaborative environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and be motivated by relationship building.
About The RoleYou will be a part of the World Class Purchasing Team. The focus of this role is to ensure 100% accuracy of the data entered into Grocery Outlet’s systems so the company can leverage data to optimize business decisions. You will enter and monitor all data entered into our systems including but not limited to Item Information, Product Images, Purchase Order Creation and Master Vendor Files.
- Data Entry for all New Items created at Grocery Outlet
- Data Entry for all Purchase Orders created at Grocery Outlet
- Data Entry for all new Vendors and/or updates needed to our Master Vendor files.
- Maintains department files including purchase orders, quotes sheets, supplier lists, and other documents
- Ensures that purchase orders are completed in a timely and accurate manner; and monitors the timely arrival of order in all warehouses or reschedules when necessary.
- Setup suppliers, items, and modules with maximum accuracy and strong attention to detail into our systems
- Updates item descriptions, retails and looks up competition to establish elsewhere pricing
- Establishes and maintains a reputation of credibility and responsiveness; promptly returns vendor and store phone calls
- Manages Past Dues and supplier follow-up
- As applicable, responsible for the management of flex order guide
- Base Salary: $26.50 hr
- 401(k) Profit Sharing
- Medical, Dental, Vision & More!
- Final compensation will be determined based upon experience and skills and may vary based on location.
- Data entry experience
- Experience with SAP systems preferred
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Keen to details and highly organized
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Able to effectively and respectfully communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, willing to learn and shows positive attitude towards change.
- Proven team player, self-motivated, independent thinker