Buyers for Girl's Fashion Apparel & Accessories
The Cato Corporation, a leading specialty retailer of value-priced women’s fashion apparel with corporate offices located in Charlotte, North Carolina, operates three concepts: Cato, It’s Fashion and Versona. The Company has over 1,300 stores throughout the United States and a diverse workforce of over 7,500 associates. The Company’s stock is traded on the NYSE under the symbol “CATO”.
The company is seeking an experienced Girl’s Fashion Apparel & Accessories Buyer to join its It’s Fashion merchandising team.
- Maximizing merchandise contribution;
- Managing merchandise receipts and open to buy;
- Initiating the development, purchase and delivery of merchandise assortments;
- Negotiating all aspects of product purchasing with vendors;
- Interpreting fashion trends for the customer;
- Communicating merchandise information to appropriate cross-functional team members;
- Shopping competition and company stores regularly;
- Supervising and training associates and/or assistants; and
- Implementing marketing and sales promotion strategy for assigned areas.
- Possesses a proven history of successful fashion buying and product development experience; Results oriented, creative and analytical;
- Prior experience in a specialty retail organization with a product development background;
- Proven track record of increasing sales and driving profitability;
- Excellent managerial/leadership skills;
- Collaborative aptitude;
- Minimum of 5 years buying experience; and
- Must be able to relocate to Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Must be willing to work in an office environment.
The company offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including Medical/Dental/Life Insurance package, 401(K) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Plan, Stock Purchase Plan and more! Please send resume, including salary history to: The Cato Corporation, Attn: Recruitment, PO Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28234. Fax to (704) 551-7246 or email to [email protected] EOE/Drug