Buying Admin Assistant - Beauty Department
Job descriptionThe role
We're looking for a creative, passionate, team player to join the Buying department here at Pretty Little Thing. The ideal Buyers Admin Assistant will be innovative, enthusiastic and will thrive in a fast-paced environment like Pretty Little Thing.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it's the kind of vibe we're all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Managing Critical path and OPO.
- Ensuring PO's and SKU's are raised and amended when necessary.
- Managing samples through to studio adding inspiration where necessary to ensure we get the right final look onsite.
- Managing sample of current season, development, and archive samples.
- Working with Assistant Buyers to achieve intake and publishing targets.
- Checking new in category onsite daily.
- Updating the intake pack following sign off.
- Demonstrating commercial awareness and understanding of our range and competitors.
- Managing daily post.
- Managing the Buying inbox - responsible to queries and escalating where necessary.
- Holding weekly OPO meetings alongside AB, AM and MAA.
- Carrying out weekly comp packs to contribute in weekly trade.
- Demonstrating general knowledge and understanding of department performance and best and worst.
- Contributing to department product development with an awareness of department best and worst and seasonal trends.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- Great at managing your time, prioritising tasks, and making sure tasks are completed accurately.
- A dedicated team player with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Able to adapt quickly to changes to better benefit the team.
- Ahead at spotting trends and commercial wins for the business.
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.