Buying Specialist, Factory Outlet (Limited Time Duration 6 Months)
Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization
Support the Product Strategy and Pre-Season Buying process for assigned category for the Factory Outlet channel (Apparel). Actively contribute to the OTB planning and management, defining optimal volumes to provided channel ranges. Execute in-season Trading decisions to meet financial targets.
Drive the coordination of day-to-day operations and administrative duties to ensure deadlines can be met. Participate in reporting and data analysis to support in making merchandising business decisions to drive optimal on-shelf availability, sell-through, and profitability.
- Support the pre-season assortment planning process, developing range & price architecture, product adoption and assure right volumes are bought following market OTB plans.
- Deliver the FO Assortment Plans planned production to meet channel financial targets
- Support the creation of all aspects of order management/purchasing functions including stock category transfers
- Conduct weekly analysis of the current business and make recommendations to the buyer based on the analysis. Participate in weekly trading meetings. Make call outs of missed opportunities in business.
- Attend department and cross-department meetings, acting as the key note-taker and ensuring notes are distributed to appropriate members
- Drive generation of accurate reporting and sales recaps, weekly and ad hoc, including brand initiative products
- Identify and support with promotional opportunities at the category, concept, collection and article level to maximize sales for both pre-season and in season for all tiers and regions
- Perform research, prepare and consolidate for special assignments and prepare PowerPoint or other presentations that reflect professionally the intent of the Department Head
- Construct and deliver daily, weekly and monthly metrics reports
- Manage article set-up with correct hierarchy, pricing and season codes
- Resolve tickets related to merchandising operations for assigned stores
- Prepare the size breakdowns process assuring they are created according to market needs and incorporated in the buying process
- Support the flow of stock from regular DTC channels to FO channels to assure product relevance in regular stores, adequate stock clearance and margin optimization
- Provide team members with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Market CTC (Assortment Planning and Range/Price Architecture) and Brand Marketing Teams
- DTC Finance Team
- DTC Operations Team
- Supply Chain and Demand Planning Teams
- Excellent computer skills, including, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills, and a thorough understanding of macros, pivot tables, lookup formulas, formatting, etc.
- Strong analytical skills, familiarity with Retail KPI's, and a thorough understanding of retail math
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to build successful relationships within a team and cross-functionally
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively use decision making skills, confidently handling ambiguous situations and/or issues that may arise
- Ability to effectively present information to an individual or group, both written and verbally
- Ability to work independently (particularly in the absence of supervisor) and be a solution-based thinker
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate via phone, e-mail and face to face
- Ability to work well in a team environment in any capacity
- Ability to multi-task within a fast paced, changing environment, and the ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A passion for sports and an interest in the athletic industry and trends and/or athletic product lines preferred
- Interest in Retail industry and understanding of sports and style preferred
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university and a minimum one year related experience; equivalent combination or education and experience may be substituted
- Degree with emphasis in Merchandising, Marketing or Business Management preferred
adidas requires all US based employees to report COVID-19 vaccination status. Proof of vaccination is required in New York City. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant state laws.