CAD Designer - Women's Apparel Print and Pattern
Earthbound is a leading product design, licensing and brand growth company that expands the reach of brands in the market on a global scale. With 20 years of expertise in retail licensing, product development, and product design, Earthbound augments brand potential by offering unprecedented growth for powerhouse brands. For more information, please visit www.earthboundbrands.com.
Our office is located in the Flatiron District, NYC and we are currently operating on a hybrid schedule, in office Monday through Wednesday and remote on Thursday and Friday.
- Are passionate about CAD, print and pattern.
- Love to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
- Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
- Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
- Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the detail.
Overview of Position
The Print Designer will work hand in hand with the Design Manager and be responsible for creating original artwork and reworking prints for a Women’s Apparel line. The Designer should have a strong eye for color with attention to detail to create production ready artwork. Their background should be primarily apparel, preferably Women's.
- Create/edit new print and pattern in partnership with Design Manager, rework archived prints, alter and digitize vintage fabrics and work with Design Manager on all colorways.
- Assist in the preparation of artwork package for production ready standards; uploading files for review.
- Current on trends, color and print designs for art concepts and strategy.
- Assist in departmental maintenance such as printer and file archiving maintenance; maintain print library and print charts.
- Uploading seasonal prints to PLM print library for each season.
- Adhere to time & action calendar.
- Support the team in preparation for meetings and due dates.
- Create print boards for concept presentations.
- Collaborate with Team to create prints that align with trend, brand and ready for production.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, or related field
- 5-7 years of experience, primarily in apparel
- Strong CAD expertise skills.
- Solid color sense and ability to match colors accurately.
- Strong artistic, creative and drawing skills.
- Proven ability to develop fashion prints/patterns.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator and MS Office.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great organizational skill and team oriented.
Salary range: $70,000 - $80,000 DOE