CAD Tech/Designer Intern
CAD Tech/Designer Intern
Work alongside professional engineers who are creating state-of-the-art solutions for the critical infrastructure that fuels our world.
At Argus Consulting, our internship program is designed to provide a CAD student the opportunity to apply the knowledge learned in the classroom at a specialized engineering consulting firm. We involve our interns in the daily workings of the firm by teaming them with an engineer. It is an opportunity to gain work experience in an exciting industry and determine if consulting engineering is in their career path.
Argus Consulting is a trusted leader in planning, designing and managing the construction of complex fuel systems. We are growing, with multiple new commercial and military aviation and railroad petroleum facilities projects. Our main office is in Overland Park, KS and we have branch offices in New York, Phoenix, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta and Jackson, MS. We've built our success on long-term relationships and traditional values - Integrity, Competence, Teamwork and the Golden Rule. Come work for a small business that has a global reach, in an atmosphere that is professionally challenging and personally supportive.
Be a specialized fueling facility designer.
- Argus Consulting is seeking a CAD intern with knowledge of the Autodesk AutoCAD platform for our Overland Park, KS, office.
- Internship will be from May to August, M-F, 40 hours per week.
- Gain experience using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Plant 3D, Inventor, Revit, 3ds Max, Navisworks, and ReCap.
- Leverage technologies such as LiDAR and 3D Imaging to model complex facilities.
- Projects include fueling systems for commercial airports, class one railroads and military installations worldwide and cover a broad spectrum in size, ranging from small operations to multi-million-dollar fuel storage and distribution facilities.
- Clients include airlines, airports, fixed-base operators, railroads, the U.S. government, ENR's Top 25 Architecture/Engineering Design Firms and ENR's Top 10 Design/Build Firms, Fortune 500 companies, fuel-servicing companies, and oil companies.
- Self-motivated and ready to learn.
- Must have completed freshman year pursuing a degree in Engineering Technology, Design and Drafting Technology, or related field.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Autodesk product line.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Job Duties May Include:
- Provide design and CAD development of multi-discipline engineering drawings for the construction of aviation, military, rail, oil and gas and industrial projects.
- Provide CAD drawing details as applicable to construction drawings, preparation of sketches, and exhibits related to engineering studies and reports.
- Assist in the use of 3D imaging/LiDAR technology to survey and model existing facilities.
- Aid in evolution of 3D/BIM workflow, ensuring Argus is on the leading edge of technology.
- Assist in the development of graphical presentations, 3D renderings and 3D animations to be used in marketing and prospective business proposals.
We are not considering applicants from recruitment/employment agencies at this time.