CAD/Pre Production Artist
Jr Production Artist/ CAD Artist
Our client is the leading apparel brand in the Junior’s and Kid’s industry. They are looking to bring someone on to work within there Pre Production team as a CAD/ Pre Production Artist.
Production Artist Overview:
- The Production Artist will be responsible for working with art work producing designs that meet with brand standards across color, font, and production quality while adhering to visual, regulatory, and production requirements. The ideal candidate has can approve colors, yarn dyes and pre- productionProduction Artist Responsibilities:
- · Excellent production skills to prepare print-ready and digital files (mechanicals, etc).
- · Produce designs for apparel in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator for various offered products in Women’s, Girls, and Junior’s categories
- · Edit photo and art assets, and retouch images.
- · Support graphics designing team, sales team, and marketing team by assisting with production of design materials.
- · Manage mechanicals including concept development, design, revisions, and production.
- · Review incoming and final art files from vendor agencies to ensure accuracy with brand standards and regulations as well as printer specifications.
- · Exhibits excellent understanding of layout, typography, color theory, and solves design challenges with technical precision.
- · Responsible for maintaining asset library for completed print and digital jobs.
- Illustrator: flat sketching, fillable shapes, organized grouping in layers, Creating brushes
- Knowledge of print repeats, using repeat fill swatches in Illustrator, using guides in Photoshop
- Using layers with blending modes, opacities, etc to affect desired appearance
- Following appropriate templates for various accounts for consistency
- Using scans or photos of textures or trims in Photoshop, to create assets to be used as fills or brushes in Illustrator
- Strong communication and attention to detail, good comprehension of instructions
- Good at estimating proportion, and scales of prints and trims for CADs using rulers in original art files
- Good time management, and understanding the urgency or quick-turn CAD requests
CAD/ Pre Production Artist Requirements:
- · Bachelor’s or Associates degree.
- 1-2 years of experience in working within apparel manufacturer
- · Excellent proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- · Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- · Portfolio of relevant work.