Childrenswear Assistant Designer
ASSISTANT/ ASSOCIATE DESIGNER (Childrenswear)
About This Opportunity …. The Assistant/ Associate Designer reports into the Senior Designer of the department. The design team is responsible for entire design process of product, beginning with the development of concept boards and ending with the final product. Proficiency in PLM is essential to success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
· Creating pitch sheets with color and technique call outs
· Coordinating and tracking sample production
· Attend fittings when needed
· Design research, creative brainstorming, concept boards
· Assist with presentation prep boards, line plans, etc.
· Creating technical sketches with construction call outs
· Input data into PLM for tech packs and style guides
· Entry level to 3 years’ experience in Fashion Design
· Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
· Ability to partner/communicate with cross-functional teams (product development, tech design & production)
· Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and conceptual skills
· Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, PLM, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
· Working knowledge of garment construction
· Working knowledge of Browzwear is a plus
· Working knowledge of flat sketching
· Working knowledge of fabric & trims
· Design college degree (required)
About Garan, Inc. Garan Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway. Since it’s founding in the early 1940s, Garan has been a leading supplier of Childrenswear, Ladieswear, and Menswear through both National Branded and Private Label Apparel. Garan is best known for Garanimals® and 365 Kids from Garanimals®, today found exclusively at Walmart.
The primary mission at Garan is the manufacturing of low cost, high-quality products that reflect great value for our customers. All of this is done with an emphasis on social & ethical compliance, as well as environmental awareness that incorporates some of the latest sustainable efforts in apparel manufacturing today.
Garan has manufacturing offices around the world, with global headquarters located in New York City. The company owns and operates factories in El Salvador and Honduras as well as four U.S.-based Distribution Centers. Throughout Asia, Garan also has long-running strategic partnerships with some of the largest mills and garment producers in the region.
Garan is committed to offering an inclusive, safe, and positive workplace.