Climate & Data Lead
The Climate & Data lead will be spearhead of the future team taking care of ESG data. In this function you will report to the Head of ESG. You will closely work with various R&D teams and the central Data and PMO team. You will significantly contribute to the organization's ESG efforts (including compliance) through accurate and comprehensive ESG data / systems management.
- Lead and mentor a team of data analysts, providing guidance and support for their professional development.
- Cultivate a culture of data-driven decision-making within the team.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture that encourages knowledge sharing and continuous improvement.
- ESG Data strategy & insights: design & implement ESG Data strategy working closely with the key stakeholders; leading the data and system transformation for sustainability frameworks.
- Creating processes and tools and simplifying those that already exist to turn our ESG strategy to function-specific KPI's and tracking mechanisms.
- Establishing key internal metrics and utilizing them to monitor and improve performance against ESG targets.
- Leading and developing data platform and analytical applications focused on ESG.
- Driving executives to make decisions based on insights created using technology, internal and external data.
- Communicating frequently and professionally with Oniverse on the status of ESG data.
- Working with global cross-functional delivery squads of data scientists, engineers, business and legal experts in agile ways of working with great results, as well as developing talent and mentorship.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the field, preferably within the apparel or footwear industry or adjacent industries that share similar industrial production challenges.
- Educational background related to the field of Computer Science / Software Engineering / ESG data management.
- Significant experience on sustainability metrics, accounting, measurement, systems and procedures, as well as data analytics, forecasting and reporting.
- Experience with complex supply chain industries which have high regulation standards (such as food, textile, chemicals, finance).
- Experience of how a functioning ESG data collection and management can look like (excel, semi automated and fully automated tools).
- Extensive Knowledge of GHG protocol, TCFD, SBTI, CSRD.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and able to understand how to successfully lead, drive and shape cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong problem solver with knowledge of sourcing or environmental management.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) plus other languages is a plus.
- You live by the Survivor Spirit, are a thought leader who goes above and beyond to challenge the status quo and doesn't settle with the "industry standard" ESG practices.
- You are a visionary leader with a down-to-earth attitude. You not only define and articulate a long term mission, but are keen to drive execution and collaborate on problem solving with key internal stakeholders.
Meet The Team
We are a small team with big responsibilities. We design and implement the sustainability strategy across the entire company and help shape the future of the organization. We do research, create strategies and implement projects and innovate products and processes through the lens of sustainability. As the lead of the team, you would also have the important task of developing and expanding the current team across regions.
What We Offer
On is a place that is centered around growth and progress. We offer an environment designed to give people the tools to develop holistically - to stay active, to learn, explore and innovate. Our distinctive approach combines a supportive, team-oriented atmosphere, with access to personal self-care for both physical and mental well-being, so each person is led by purpose.
On is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a work environment that is fair and inclusive, where all decisions related to recruitment, advancement, and retention are free of discrimination.