Do you love sports, fitness, fashion or the outdoors? SCHEELS can turn your passion into a rewarding career through our extensive business and product training.
SCHEELS is a leader in the sporting goods industry - driven to create the best experience in the USA for our customers. SCHEELS boasts the largest selection of sports brands in America—offering world-class brands, special attractions, and unmatched customer service.
SCHEELS empowers our associates to become experts in exceeding the needs and expectations of our customers. SCHEELS associates talk-the-talk, and walk-the-walk, with the best product and expert training in the sporting goods industry. Mentorship and professional development training are a focus throughout your entire career.
- Unload product from freight. Tag, fold, hang and price merchandise to be put out on the sales floor or in back stock
- Restock merchandise on sales floor and bring product to the floor for display
- Assist customers and salespeople with retrieving and loading purchased product
- Maintain orderly appearance of personal work space and surrounding areas. General cleaning and organization around the store and back stock areas
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other associates of the organization
- Ability to be organized, multi-task and maintain all aspects of a support role
- Ability to work independently and with the team
- Exercise judgment and tact and be able to effectively work with all levels within the organization
- Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner
- Ability to apply basic understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere, and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels’ policies and procedures
- Willing to do other tasks as assigned by the leadership team and Support Leads
- Work assigned schedule; may include varied hours, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a high school diploma, or general education degree (GED), 1-3 months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Physical Requirements/Lifting Requirements
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for heavy work.
Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury.
To see a full list of benefit offerings from Scheels visit scheels.com/careers
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.