Color and Textile Designer
Color and Textile Designer
Color Design Manager
Patagonia requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
The Color and Textile Designer is part of the driving force behind the creation of product concepts which strive to be original and relevant designs that define the Company as a leader in the Apparel Industry. The Color and Textile Designer combines active product use experience, market knowledge and input from other team members to create original and innovative designs. Such designs should be ones that move the meter in innovation, are of the highest quality, and are executed in the most environmentally friendly manner. In conjunction with the Art Director, the Creative Director of Product and the Color and Textile Design group, the Color and Textile Designer interprets seasonal themes and color direction into products. They are responsible for gathering ideas and concepts for use in the seasonal design palette, and for commercializing the designs for use.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with color, trend, and textile design group to conduct and present market and theme-based seasonal research.
- Work with the color and textile design teams to develop, illustrate, and color solids and printed textile concepts as required.
- Partner with Color and Textile Designers to communicate ongoing color palette updates throughout the season.
- Work with color designers and developers to assess quality and standards of dyes and how they affect fabrics.
- Create relevant visualization tools including concept and prototype drawings as needed.
- Provide up-to-date color and textile artwork for weekly textile design reviews.
- Manage feedback from weekly meetings to adapt and improve collection.
- Color trims and handoff to Product Development.
- Actively participate in collaborative design team meetings.
Who You Are:
- Meticulous - Extreme attention to detail. Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and written, with a wide variety of people.
- Resilient -Able to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Adaptable- Ability to gather appropriate input and make clear, well-reasoned decisions.
- Inclusive- Comfortable with team-based work structure; ability to remain flexible to change within the work environment and scope of responsibility.
- Self-Starter- Demonstrates initiative, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Experience You Bring:
- College degree in design.
- 5+ years of textile/color/product design experience.
- 5+ years experience in developing and fostering relationships with factories and vendors, which may be domestic or international.
- Strong drawing and visual presentation skills.
- Proficient use of Macintosh computers in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel programs and in the operation of equipment such as: fax, modem and copiers.
- Strong working knowledge Adobe creative software and experience with textile specific software such as Aquario.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to look at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to focus and complete duties in a lively, energetic department that can be noisy at times.
- Ability to travel, domestically and internationally, utilizing various methods of transportation.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Patagonia requires all employees who enter a Patagonia owned or operated facility or who physically interact with others as part of their job duties to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.