FIGS is looking for a Color Assistant to support the Color Manager and wider production team. This role is an excellent way to dive into color development for a fast-growing apparel company with lots of room for growth. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, detail oriented and has a passion for material color production. This person thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to successfully manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Request, Track, Chart and follow up on all lab dips/print and pattern and bulk from development to production
- Ensure color comments are made to partners and records are kept up to date internally
- Manage filing of color lab dips/strike offs
- Order color standards for the color team library and distribute them to other teams as needed
- Aid to keep process on track of calendar color milestones and deliverables
- Vet color palette with Color Manager and Design in order to ensure all colors dipped will pass FIGS testing
- Upkeep all Centric data management as needed
- Investigate and resolve color issues that arise in partnership with QC and Production Teams
- Analyze and differentiate color accurately and consistently to describe color differences
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Maintain a timely 24-48 hour turnaround time with color comments
- Sort incoming color mail
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of textile & AATCC testing requirements
- Proficiency with PC computers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office specifically Excel
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills
- Understands color feasibility and educate cross functional partners regarding limitation on a variety of substrates
- Understanding of visual and instrumental color evaluation procedures with accurate and consistent technique
- Ability to use light box and preferred ability/familiarity with digital reading on Spectrometer
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize with a sense of urgency, with a attention to detail
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goals-oriented, and time-sensitive environment.
- Strong sense of aesthetics and color cohesion
- Personable, team and service oriented
- Must complete receive competitive score on Color Munsell Test
- Comprehensive understanding of fabric construction and performance a plus
A little bit about us...
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS' foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS' Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS' Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.