Russell Tobin & Associates is currently seeking a Color Designer to work for our client in Beaverton, OR. Apply now for consideration!
This is a 6-month contract role.
- Plans and executes color designs.
- Collaborates with design, product marketing, development, and material consultants to focus color solutions for market success. Reviews all samples to achieve marketable solution review with design, marketing, and development.
- Clearly communicates all changes for final confirmation.
- Maintains color calendar/timelines/deadlines for category/division resulting in the timely completion of each product.
- Develops line art, color design server, GPIN, merchandising line, cutting samples & working with material consultant to coordinate materials for products.
- Leverages advanced knowledge and practices in all phases of product execution, trains more junior designers on knowledge and advancements.
- Uses advanced design skills to create original, innovative, retailable color solutions for category or gender-specific line.
- Advances design image and inspired targeted consumers.
- Researches and delivers color, design, market, and lifestyle trends that influence and impact the product category process from product briefing to product concept to samples.
- Contributes to seasonal color strategy for products, line segments and initiatives.
- Creates seasonal category- specific direction of color, materials, and graphics. In partnership with the Category and Design Director, creates and leads color merchandising strategies and stories seasonally.
- Applies insights from consumer perspective into color solutions.
- Presentations & Communication – Presents and communicates category- specific color direction and color merchandising direction of the seasonal line to appropriate groups.
- Works with design/category to produce presentation materials that effectively communicate color direction related to the consumer, product concepts and creative strategy to internal and external audiences.
- Participates and delivers bi-annual category/divisional specific color needs for incorporation into footwear color committee preparation.
- Proactively works with color design management and expert designers to refine personal portfolio of design skills, experiences, and product/process knowledge.
- Provides design support for design team as needed outside of assigned product load; mentors more junior designers.
- Together with expert color designers and color design management, advances the value of color to the company by bringing a high level of functional expertise (i.e. materials, special effects, technology, advanced development, presentation, tools) to the color design organization.
- Minimum of 6 years progressively technically challenging color design experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Macintosh computers using Photoshop, Free Hand and/or Illustrator.
- Knowledge of CAD programs, preferably in Mac environment.
- Understanding of color trends, color mixing, color compatibility, and color placement.
- Knowledge of product design and development process.
- Familiarity with product manufacturing processes including materials/fabrics; plastics; pigments.
- Strong verbal, written, visual, and high-profile communication skills in local market language, including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas, and develop effective responses or elevate to higher management.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a diverse group. Ability to network, influence, and utilize internal and external resources.
- Ability to articulate how color can affect product and sales.
Russell Tobin & Associates offers benefit options to our employees after 60 days on assignment.