For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About The RoleThe Color Designer sits within the Concept Team – their focus lies in the art and the science of color to create a compelling consumer experience at retail. They will own and execute the coloring of apparel and accessory collections from initial palette selection to commercialization. They are instrumental in establishing Athleta’s holistic expression of color, from the master palette to specific end-use and capsule palettes, as well as special projects. The role requires close cross-functional partnership to ensure our products are beautiful, technical and sustainable.
What You'll Do
What You’ll Do
- Assist Senior Color Designer in building the creative color vision for each season. Conducts art and design research, keeping informed of all relevant trends
- Create category color palettes with flow & outfitting strategies that express an optimistic and sophisticated color point of view while also supporting overall business goals and strategy
- Create and maintain digital and physical color tools: swatch palettes, inspiration boards, key looks, color CADs, and lab dips for core and novelty fabrications
- Color the line for respective category in collaboration with Design and Merch; own updating color work throughout all seasonal gates
- Build key partnerships with Apparel Design, Surface Design, Merchandising, and Fabric R&D to provide color design support & guidance to teams throughout all stages
- Collaborate with technical Color Analyst and vendors to secure palettes and lab dips
- Have an understanding of the line plan and color asks and how it factors in store delivery, volume, material, and end-use
- Proactively communicate color changes and updates – this includes close partnership with Merchandising and Visual Merchandising to help protect color POV in omni and retail channels
- Elevated sense of color, knowledge of color theory, familiarity with active-wear fabrications and apparel design processes, and a strong connection to art and design trends
- Dynamic, team-oriented attitude; positive energy with an ability to take feedback
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, being able to juggle multiple seasons and projects at one time
- Strong sense of style/outfitting color with a considered aesthetic and eye toward detail
- Confident presentation skills, capable of influencing an audience
- Well-crafted communication and organizational skills; strong detail orientation, project management and prioritization skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, with ability to quickly learn and adapt to other CAD software; 3D software knowledge an advantage
- Minimum of 4+ years experience in fashion/product/color design; education in a related field such as Textile Design, Apparel Design, Industrial Design, or Graphic Design
Who You Are
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.