Contract Associate Buyer
THIS IS A 4-5 MONTH CONTRACT ROLE!
WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with #1 market share in the U.S., UK and Canada. Signet operates approximately 3,200 stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Banter by Piercing Pagoda, JamesAllen.com, and Rocksbox!
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people first company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our 35,000 employees have professional, personal and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunity for advancement, regardless of their gender, race, sexuality or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported and empowered at work each day. We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort.
This contract position is responsible for managing the sourcing, procurement, and inventory management of supplies and services for corporate, warehouse, and store locations. This position must create and route PO’s for approval in Signet’s SAP platform for purchase of required materials while ensuring receipt of materials and associated invoices and monitoring payment of invoices. This position also partners with business units throughout the organization for the support of locating, securing and purchasing necessary items.
- Support store sales and SSC operations by maintaining sufficient inventory for all business-critical supply items under team member’s responsibility. Regularly conduct supplier performance management activities, including weekly review of inventory of all assigned SKU’s and placing PO’s as needed, regular analysis of item usage trends and setting reorder points to support stock levels, analyzing trends, market and business changes to make recommendations for future buy patterns to support the business and reduce costs.
- Take part in annual budgeting process for review of each assigned SKU and category. Take part in monthly review of accounts to ensure compliance to budgetary expectations. Accountable for monitoring each account and escalating any variances to established budget to leadership team with explanation of variances.
- Contribute to Signet’s Cost-Conscious environment by working to reduce non-critical supply items and eliminating any expense that does not help drive sales. Partner with business units throughout the organization to source and procure necessary supplies, while managing costs associated with those items. Maintain close relationships with contracted vendors to ensure we follow best practices, sourcing lowest cost items from the market to meet our business needs.
- Navigate Signet’s SAP platform for issuing PO’s and monitoring for receipt of supplies against all executed PO’s. Partner with vendors on any outstanding PO’s. Ensure invoices from suppliers are submitted to AP for payment timely and monitor payment of invoices. Escalate trends or areas of concern to appropriate parties. Produce reporting from platform as needed.
- Partner with SJIL Warehouse for receipt and distribution of commodities. Monitor quality of goods received and work with vendors as needed.
- Performs additional duties and projects as assigned.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
- 1-3 years of Buyer and Inventory Management experience.
- Technical/Other Skills Required: Microsoft Suite Experience, SAP Experience a plus, Strong Communication and Analytical Skills