Contract Textile Designer
Swavelle has been an industry leader of fabrics for over 40 years. As a domestic manufacturer and convertor, our design team has been on the leading edge of design trends across all markets. Our products can be found in the residential, contract, and RV industries.
Come be a part of a growing domestic manufacturer of high-end textiles and help lead us into a more environmentally and sustainable producer. Our community of a dedicated workforce has an average tenure of over 10 years! With a rich history offering a competitive comp and benefits package, there is opportunity to grow professionally and make Swavelle your home.
The Contract Designer (CD) will work closely with the Contact Design Director in developing new product for the contract market. The CD will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of product development. In addition, the CD will work closely with production and project management as it relates to new developments.
• Manage the styling, coloring, and patterns for all new product development projects.
• Collaborate with the Contact Design Director regarding product development for customers and the open line collection.
• Build a close customer relationship of trust to understand the technical needs of the customer as well as the aesthetic needs.
• Contribute to the open line collection.
• Have an active engagement with new and returning customers.
• Understand our current constructions and what we can offer customers.
• Manage the development process, which includes but is not limited to:
Knowing where projects are in the development process.
Able to speak to the customer about the development process.
Review constructions as they are woven.
Understand what finishes are needed.
• Must be at the mill 2-3 days a week.
• Act as back up for the Contact Design Director.
• Must be able to answer technical questions from customers.
• Must be able to work collaboratively with customers and autonomously at times.
• 7+ years of design in the contract/commercial industry.
• Proficient with EAT, Photoshop, and Smartsheet.
• Extremely organized.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at once.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and articulate needs and deadlines.
• Customer focused and customer facing.