Converse, Associate Product Development Manager for Accessories & Wovens Apparel
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Be a Product of Rad Society
We’ve got the goods. We just need the people who believe in the goods. That’s you. You see the product in the space. And you get how to make it leave the space. In someone’s bag, on someone’s feet. You’re a trendwatcher. A callmaker. Maybe even a visionary. You throw Product and Retail into a blender and make it come out as smooth delicious Success.
BECOME A PART OF THE NIKE, INC. TEAM
Are you interested in working for the most iconic and well-loved sneaker brand in the world? Born in sports and made for the street, Converse is a place to explore your potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. We seek people who can lead, grow, think, dream, and create. Our culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Converse seeks achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing their authentic self, skills, and passion to serve the daring spirit of youth!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Associate Product Development Manager for Accessories and Wovens Apparel. You will have basic working knowledge and understanding of the product creation and product development lifecycle, demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly work with cross functional teams. The ideal candidate will also have strong follow-up skills, excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, the ability to work in fast paced environment with changing priorities and be a standout teammate!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Track and maintain all the product packages needed throughout the product development process
- Order, track, and review samples in preparation for line reviews
- Issue comment chart to internal team and vendors
TEAM AND VENDOR COMMUNICATIONS:
- Effectively connect with internal and overseas teams daily using product line management information, line planning, and internal tools
- Resolve vendor issues as they arise
- Assist in supervising and communicating deadlines based on the key event calendar dates
WORK IN PROGRESS CHARTS:
- Generate seasonal work-in-progress charts using the internal template
- Maintain style status updates and review with development team
- Manage changes to the liaison office to ensure modifications are clearly detailed, communicated and executed
- Track and receive cost sheets from vendors
- With the guidance of the development manager, enter cost into the PLM system per milestone
- Share margins with the cross functional team using the internal costing tool
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As our Associate Product Development Manager, you will support the Development Manager in the development creation process of Converse Accessories and Wovens Apparel business.
Handle daily communications with internal and external partners from design, merchandising, operations, liaison office, suppliers and within the development team.
Support weekly cross functional team meeting; provide product follow ups, and liaise with internal HQ teams/liaison office.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors/Masters in Fashion Merchandising, Business Development or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of product experience
- Strong written communication skills to be able to clearly articulate details over email
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.