Converse, Senior Manager, Digital Creative Operations (Boston or LA) - Global Digital Content & Design
Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Global Digital Content & Design team at Converse creates strategic and distinct digital experiences to inspire our audience. We’re powered by the people and style of our communities. We’re energized by our innovation and purpose. And we’re constantly searching for the stories behind our products.
Our team is made up of four different functions that work together: Creative Operations, Digital Content, Digital Design and Digital Copy. Together, we strive to create content that exemplifies our Brand Mission, Values, and Purpose (aka, our MVP).
We develop content and storytelling that supports the wholesale business, and digital direct commerce ecosystem. We’re talking everything from our partner sites, to our very own Converse.com, email campaigns, paid social, and much more. Specifically, your role will be focused on the operations for the digital design and digital copy functions.
As a team, we move our business objectives forward through compelling brand stories, seasonal commercial stories and custom “Converse By You” content across our digital channels—all over the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re seeking a natural leader, with a positive & collaborative demeanor, an entrepreneurial approach who takes initiative and is eager to create and instill operational excellence for our team. This position will lead the content operations and production function within the Global Digital Design team. You are operationally minded with direct creative production experience. You will own, drive, and create processes for the team, and continually optimizing as we go. You will lead your team to meet business objectives by enabling the creation of compelling content and bring to life the Converse Brand and our storytelling centered around our consumer, across our digital ecosystem.
This candidate should have a passion for the Converse Brand. Someone who is driven, strategic, thinks critically, is accountable, empathetic, resourceful, takes initiative and has great interpersonal skills. The ideal individual for rthis position is a dynamic and innovative problem-solver who has the proven ability to lead a team of strong producers, navigating ambiguity, deliver and launch initiatives on time, on budget, and on strategy. It is critical for this role to have strong relationships with the immediate functions on your wider team (Content, Copywriting, & Design) as well as our cross-functional partners, primarily our Experience Strategy team, Creative Production, and Brand team.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Oversight and management of all digital content production operations — inclusive of still photography and motion content.
- You will partner closely with our creative team to help bring the creative vision to life.
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of producers. Supporting and assisting them to deliver effective solutions without micromanaging. Places the team priorities over personal objectives. Encourage, recognize, and reward team members. Be a positive driving force. Promote team spirit and build energy and optimism in others to achieve the team and company vision.
- Attend weekly meetings with key cross-functional partners.
- Facilitate collaboration between internal and external creative partners.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with external partners.
- Oversight of internal photo studio.
- Own, drive, and optimize workflow processes.
- Owner of documenting and tracking processes accurately and timely by using Asana as the project management application tool.
- Manage and be responsible for master production budget.
- Implement partnerships with external agencies & creatives, working through all contract management with legal and finance.
- Maintain understanding of all aspects of brand standards, design and production process.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills:
- Takes initiative to consistently update team leader and all stakeholders on progress
- Innate sense of when to seek guidance and share problems
- Knows when to involve others when working on projects
- Shares own expertise and experience with others
- Values differences; behaves with sensitivity toward differences in cultural norms
- Enables Content Production team to execute the following:
- Define scopes of work, manage project trajectories, and budget
- Manage day-to-day tasks for all Digital shoot and productions
- Track stakeholder feedback
- Set weekly meeting cadence, communicate agendas ahead of time, run effective meetings to ensure agendas are adhered to and time is spent productively, manages meeting time to always start and end on time, communicates next steps and follow up notes
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a Converse Senior Manager, Global Digital Content & Design, you will work with our team of art directors, digital strategists, external vendors and creative partners. You will partner closely with teams across the Digital Organization, Brand Communications & Media teams, and North America and Geography teams, to identify creative needs that support digital business goals
This role reports to the Director, Global Digital Creative Operations.
Please note this role should be based out of Los Angeles or Boston.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Design or relevant combination of experience, education, and training
- 8+ years of direct experience in creative production and operations
- Art buying experience
- Photo studio management experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks, and reliably meet deadlines
- Strong understanding of project management tools like Asana, Slack, MS Office, Airtable, Frame.io.
- Detail orientation and intrinsic passion toward site success and high-quality delivery
- Outstanding team player and positive attitude
- Able to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands and changes— Must maintain a positive attitude under pressure
- Must be a self-starter, thrives working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative, and flexible
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Connection to streetwear culture and trend
- Management experience of teams with 2+ people
Converse requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Converse will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.