Coordinator, Global Visual Merchandising
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last—for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. VisitOur Peoplepage to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Primary Purpose:The Coordinator, Global Visual Merchandising - will support in creating compelling visual guidelines and assist in developing visual strategies to drive brand awareness, meet sales objectives and maximize profitability. This position will interact with cross-functional teams to identify key messages and set clear goals that continuously elevate the consumer experience. This position is currently a hybrid role.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Visual Merchandising to...
- Support the creation of monthly Global VM Guidelines:
- Assist with creating content by working with 2D product CADs for digital guidelines.
- Support with sample management which includes ordering, organizing and returning samples
- Partner with Global Merchandising, Marketing and Design to create dynamic and innovative VM Direction for stores to follow
- Support setup of seasonal showrooms installations and special events.
- Support key launches of seasonal floorsets in select local store locations.
- Conduct seasonal trend hunting and inspiration research.
- 2-3 years of visual merchandising experience for fashion related brand, specialty retailer; field visual merchandising and/ or corporate visual experience preferred.
- Experience working with leather goods and lifestyle categories: bags, small leather goods, ready-to-wear, footwear, watches and sunwear.
- Passion for visual merchandising and fashion.
- Ability to take direction, multi-task and manage shifting priorities.
- Ability to react quickly with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with ability to interface with a diverse group.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel).
- Bachelor of Arts preferred but not required.
- Strong aesthetic and visual design/styling experience.
- Strong initiative, ownership and accountability for completing projects
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.