an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents’ effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company’s guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation.
You areseeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you’re prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:When you join us, you’re joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You’ll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth – you’ll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you’ll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You understand that words can delight, inform and inspire. You are also obsessed with product. You are an exceptional, meticulous and organized writer, who can craft engaging and informative narratives around our products each season. From an email subject line to a product description, your copy will deftly sell the dream, while reinforcing craftsmanship and tapping into current trends. You understand and speak with authority about specific product trends; are curious about uncovering design details and techniques; can juggle multiple deadlines and get a thrill collaborating with the best creative, marketing and merchandizing teams.
A Day In The LifeThe typical day is…atypical. You might…
- Bring seasonal inspiration and collections to life through compelling product stories, driving end-to-end copy across all channels after viewing the collection firsthand in the showroom. Including: emails, site, product descriptions and lookbooks.
- Spend the morning holding, unzipping, wearing product.
- Scale and adapt messaging, from high-level inspiration to detailed design and style notes, across all global markets and platforms. Partner closely with local and global marketing teams to ensure that all messaging is relevant to respective regions, taking translations and cultural nuances into account.
- Craft compelling and original messaging around exclusive and capsule collections and product descriptions. Provide elevated, clear and accurate information for customers.
- Create thoughtful and persuasive gift guides for all holidays, finding new ways to surprise and delight the customer
- Act as a steward for our brand, protecting and maintaining its essence through copy tone. Ensure marketing copy does not sound like "marketing speak." Maintain a mindset of elevated yet unpretentious luxury, and social first.
- Seek opportunities to infuse our brand mission and purpose of empowering women to build awareness and community
- Have an informed POV and create healthy dialogue with partners who brief in projects. Bring outside thinking to marketing projects; challenge status quo.
- Start a conversation about emerging trends that leads to a series of emails, shops and social stories. You're tuned into the zeitgeist.
- Problem-solve with cross-functional partners, pulling insights gleaned from data
- Present work in creative reviews; manage ongoing feedback, update and pivot based on business needs; intake high volume of requests; manage tight deadlines
- Relentlessly self-edit, checking for context, spelling, syntax and tone
- Above all else: writing, editing, innovative brainstorming
- A visual editor who knows how to package stories and franchises; approaches every project, no matter how big or little, with the same enthusiasm
- Strong speaker, presenter and communicator, with the ability to influence stakeholders
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Pivots quickly and adeptly
- Detail driven; highly organized, with meticulous attention to the little things
- 5+ years writing, editing and honing brand voice, with a deep knowledge of luxury fashion and retail brands
- Strong digital fluency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Keynote and user-friendly content management systems
A dedicated group of writers and editors, our Editorial team understands that a good story engages, informs and inspires. Starting with the seasonal inspiration, we create the narrative for every collection, campaign, product and initiative, always keeping in mind the cultural zeitgeist and, most importantly, our brand purpose to empower women and women entrepreneurs. Our story is ever-evolving but our intention is unchanging: to invite people into Tory’s world in stores, online and across social media. If you are a collaborative creative who loves words, fashion, design, culture and the energy of a good brainstorm, come join us!
How We Work Together
- Adaptable – We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial – We own it
- Collaborative – There’s no “I” in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused – We put ourselves in Tory’s shoes
- Live the Values – We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise – We’re constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Disability AccommodationTory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact [email protected]
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementTory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).