Founded in 1971 in Somerset, England, today Mulberry is a truly global fashion company and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Across all locations, we are united by our employee values: Be Bold, Be Open, Be Responsible, Be Imaginative.
If these are values you share, we would love you to join our team.
As a Costing Analyst, you will collate, analyse, and negotiate all costings from our supply base on the leather accessories collections and provide accurate costing information/analysis to all areas of the business to help inform product/design decisions and optimise contribution across all leather goods products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Range development:
· Liaise with Pre-Production/Raw Materials teams to gain information on new leathers/components and relay this information to suppliers accordingly to enable accurate new prototype costing.
· Create pricing summary information for prototypes for use by internal department during range planning.
· Provide detailed costing scenarios for Range/Design/Pre-Production teams when range planning.
· Attend regular meetings in the development calendar - allocations, proto reviews, pricing meetings and production comments.
· Create, export and manage BOMs for all relevant prototype stages, bulk sample and final costs for external suppliers.
· Create and manage any Internal BOMs for UK prototypes, bulk samples and final costs.
· Import and maintain costing BOMs on PD system.
· Manage range changes and additions with suppliers, keeping PD system up to date.
· Input/manage supplier allocations on PD system.
· Liaise with Pre-Production/Development teams on any BOM/PD queries.
· Help create/manage costing summary reports for internal use during bulk samples and final costs.
· Liaise with UK Costing Engineer/s to ensure all required internal costings are completed on time and are accurate.
· Check/analyse external supplier BOMs for accuracy and query anomalies.
· Collate and run analysis on costings for proto and pre-pricing meeting.
· Deal with ad hoc queries on costings from Accounts dept.
· Ad hoc queries with raw material pricing.
· Help create and maintain costings for capsule collections, special requests & off price.
· Seasonal set up for costings in PD system (ex-rate, freight & duty rates, OH's etc.)
· Manage seasonal flush over of standard costs in conjunction with Accounts department.
· Support the Costing department as required to achieve its overall objectives
· Understand and demonstrate the Mulberry employee values and behaviours: Be Bold, Be Imaginative, Be Open, Be Responsible.
· Support Mulberry to deliver an inclusive culture, through behaving in a way that is open-minded and respectful towards others, and understanding that your views, opinions and experiences may not always be shared by your colleagues.
· Act as an ambassador for Mulberry and communicate positively about the brand.
· Participate in team meetings.
· Work collaboratively with all key stakeholders.
Skills & Experience Required:
· Proven ability in producing accurate work with attention to detail.
· Previous experience at understanding and analysing large amounts of data.
· Computer literate - competent with Microsoft programmes, Outlook and PowerPoint with extensive knowledge of Excel.
· Proven ability at manipulating raw data using reporting tools such as Power BI/Business Objects/Web Intelligence.
· Proven ability to structure technical/complex information to ensure stakeholders understand the key message/s.
· Organised with the ability to work at a fast pace to meet multiple deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of stakeholders including senior business leaders.
· Flexibility to travel when required.