Imagine working for a company with a mission you can truly believe in, a playful and energetic culture, a talented team of coworkers, and a bright future! Rubies II, the world’s largest designer, manufacturer and distributor of Halloween costumes and accessories is looking for aCostume Designerfor immediate hire.In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating a vast selection of products that extends well beyond Halloween helping people around the world celebrate holidays and special occasions from Easter to Mardi Gras, St. Patrick's Day to Christmas, New Year’s Eve to bachelorette parties and everything in between. With costumes and accessories from the hottest licensed properties and our stellar in-house design team, Rubie’s offers something for everyone in the family even your pets! RUBIES II products are found wherever Halloween costumes and dress up are sold, including national retail chains, toy stores, costume shops, online stores, variety stores and other specialty retailers throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Mexico, South America, Australia and Asia.
Costume Designer for Costumes and Halloween Accessories
Costume design & development. You will be joining a motivated, passionate team in a fast-paced environment and working alongside the current Design Director.
- line design and development
- New product ideation
- Trend direction
- Create CADS, mood boards, and line sheets.
Qualified candidates must have:
- 4-year degree in fashion design or other creative fields
- Strong experience with garment construction
- Strong knowledge of patternmaking
- Strong familiarity with garment tech packs and specs
- Hand illustration skills
- Ability to create CADs in Photoshop/Illustrator
- Working knowledge of standard office software
- High level of creativity
- Sharp memory
- A solid work ethic
- Able to clearly and comfortably communicate creative ideas and solutions verbally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills, both in design work and in associated paperwork
- Ability to take direction well, take criticism constructively, and work as part of a team
- Must live within a daily commuting distance to Westbury, NY
Preferred candidates will have any or all the following:
- Sewing experience
- Previous experience working with overseas factories
- Previous experience in product development and/or design for licensed properties
- Knowledge of and passion for pop culture
- Previous experience in the Halloween or costume industry is highly preferred.
- A love of all things Halloween and understanding of Halloween culture, nerd culture, and the fandom that often surrounds licensed products
What’s in it for you?
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, access to a 401(k) plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Please send resume and cover letter along with either
a) a link to an online portfolio, or
b) attach several low-res examples of your work.
In your cover letter, tell us what your favorite moves/ tv shows/ video games are, and what you love best about Halloween.
*Applications sent without a cover letter & resume link/work examples will not be considered*
*This is a Full-time IN-HOUSE position located in Westbury Long Island*