Creative Content Lead (Video Director & Producer)
Job descriptionCreative Content Lead (Video Director & Producer)
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
We are looking for a Creative Content Lead with a background in video direction and production to help us define the identity of Selfridges' social-first content. Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, you will oversee a slate of social-first video series that speak to the multiple brands and activations taking place at Selfridges. Your challenge: to help us tell those stories while staying true to the Selfridges brand.
You are a strong visual storyteller with a good understanding of the content that drives audiences across Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and other social media platforms. An interest in art, fashion and culture is necessary, along with an appreciation of the Selfridges brand and history. Must have a background in digital video production and be a hands-on videographer/video editor.
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief as well as the Editorial and Social teams to develop the content strategy and original formats for video storytelling.
- Write the Selfridges social video style guide, including the visual identity of each video series on our Slate, in response to the overall Selfridges visual principles defined by Fashion Direction.
- Work closely with Fashion Direction to build the Selfridges visual identity and point of view.
- Work closely with the Social Team to make sure the content and social video style guide follows the Selfridges social media strategy and best practices.
- Lead and direct on shoots and oversee all elements of video production, including managing budgets.
- Grow and commission a network of DOPs, video editors and producers to help deliver the content slate.
- Manage a video editor / content creator.
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Design and Fashion Direction to deliver the content slate.
- Write schedules and supervise post-production up until the final delivery.
- Once a video is delivered oversee the distribution of assets to the Social and Editorial teams.
- Experience in producing and capturing video content, ideally for a media company in the arts/fashion.
- An interest in developing original content formats and experience bringing to life ideas from initial concept to screen.
- Strong visual skills. Ability to think visually and socially about what will entice audiences to engage with content and provide consistent new ideas and concepts
- Great knowledge of Instagram, TikTok and YouTube, sound content judgement, and an understanding of the types of content that resonate with audiences on each platform.
- Willingness and ability to use data to inform decisions.
- Experience using digital analytics platforms, project management and video editing tools.
- Advanced skills in all Adobe software, Premier and Capture One.
- Ability to work to deadlines and react quickly to requests that need fast turnaround times.
- Ability to make the most of content budgets by coming up with creative solutions and ways to make video assets work in perpetuity.
- Retouch skills and working knowledge of best practices for optimising imagery for online use.
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.