We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we're all outsiders. And if it's outside, we're all in.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a Creative Designer to the join the Creative team located in Freeport Maine.
Job descriptionPosition Purpose:
As a Creative Designer you will be responsible for the visual translation of our brand purpose and strategy to create engaging marketing communication for consumers in our dynamic Retail and Print channels. This position collaborates closely with a team of designers, copywriters, art directors and cross functional partners to elevate the brand and support customer strategy.
- Develop graphic design solutions for Retail stores, packaging, and printed marketing material.
- Ensure design executions meet L.L.Bean Brand standards
- Maintain high level of design innovation in concept creation.
- Interpret creative briefs and prepare 2D concepts, or 3D models as required
- Collaborate with Retail Visual Merchandisers and cross functional partners in concept development
- Effectively present concepts, providing appropriate business context and strategies
- Able to lead design efforts as required
- Work with Copywriters and Photo Art Directors on proper application of copy and photo elements
- Collaborate internally with design team and creative leaders
- Participate in omni-channel campaigns and projects across creative organization as needed
- Maintain awareness of retail industry, graphic design and marketing trends across channels
- Provide clear specifications to production and traffic partners as needed
- Develop Style Guide and template specifications
- Attend scheduled creative meetings
- Strong understanding of design principles; form, color, and typography
- Understanding of 3D spatial environments
- Proficiency with Adobe CC Design Suite, and
- Office 365
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of digital prepress and print processes
- Good organizational skills, able to manage deadlines with conflicting priorities.
- Solid problem solving and communication skills
- Actively learns and applies new skills, techniques, and procedures in own area of work.
- Understanding of key functionalities of multiple channels (i.e. retail, catalogs, web, email, online advertising).
- Able to communicate effectively with external contractors (i.e. freelance designers, shop-fitters etc.), as required.
- Preliminary understanding of company's branding, marketing strategy and target customer
- Shows emerging leadership skills through delegation and mentoring of others
Education Level:4-year bachelor's degree, or equivalent education in graphic design.
Experience:3+ years professional design experience
A design portfolio is required for consideration
Skills and Qualifications:
Health and Safety Requirement:
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside-we're all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves - because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.