VENUS is a leading women’s fashion brand offering clothing, swimwear, and lingerie in sizes 2-24. Founded in 1984 and headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, VENUS’ unique products inspireFun. Sexy. Style.and help our customers to make an impression in every moment of their lives.
This role is an opportunity to join a growing organization with transparent leadership and to work in an innovative environment with other passionate and hard-working people. Sustainability, diversity, and inclusion are core values of our brand and are central to the company’s engaging culture. If you would like to be part of our inclusive, forward-thinking, and collaborative team, we encourage you to apply today!
Our Brand team is searching for a Creative Director who will be in charge of the strategy for brand development. They will run the process of formulating the concept for the brand and its marketing. They will also oversee its implementation, ensuring consistency and that any variations are still ‘on brand’.
- Lead, mentor, and coach creative team members.
- Monitor emerging trends in interactive technologies, content, design, and marketing tactics
- Provide creative direction for the execution and implementation of a brand and oversee a collaborative creative effort between audio/video production, design, web development, content creation, and media strategies
- Heading brand campaigns, including submitting ideas for projects and overseeing the development of all creative content
- Leading and reviewing all work completed by the creative department
- Working with the executive team and other creative leaders to set project deadlines and content goals
- Presenting project information, including deadlines and budgets, to executives and clients
- Oversee the creative budget
- Research and implement new design trends and ideas into the creative workflow
- Oversee projects from concept through completion.
- Managing outside vendors/partners both in creative and production capacities.
- Other duties as assigned
- A powerful online portfolio of creative work that demonstrates originality, innovation, problem-solving, and personal expression, with exceptional design ability.
- Excellent leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead high-performing creative teams.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative strategies and create a brand voice and expression.
- Strong expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro DC, Illustrator, and Portfolio.
- Strong knowledge of Prinergy Evo and CGS Oris Color Tuner.
- Excellent in collaborating on new ideas and following through with execution.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure that words and images work together to support the concept, maintaining brand consistency.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, good time management, and organizational skills to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Adaptable, flexible, and the ability to take direction and constructive feedback well.
- Creative thinker with a positive attitude and passion for fashion/swimwear.
- Customer-oriented mindset, working in collaboration with cross-functional departments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts or Fashion, and 10+ years of related experience with at least 4+ years of experience leading teams.
- Experience within fashion or retail brands.