Creative Visual Merchandising Coordinator - Women's Apparel
Support Sr. Manager/Manager Visual in developing and coordinating visual merchandising strategies to support Seasonal Trend Sets, Holiday Gift Strategies, Key Items and Corporate Initiatives. Partner and work closely with merchant teams to ensure business needs are met. Provide solid, timely communication to Divisions and Merchants on scheduled basis. Manage budget and communication through workflow system
- Coordinate and develop visual programs in collaboration with Sr. Visual Manager/Manager Visual for all merchandising strategies as requested to support corporate direction/strategies/seasonal visual sets. Complete distribution in workflow and place orders for all components. Adhere to allocated budget. Write directives in workflow within given timeline and communicate to stores.
- Provide exciting and innovative visual solutions that set us apart from our competition.
- Timely follow up and execution of agreed to projects and strategies as committed to at seasonal Omni Initiative wall walk turn ins.
- Adhere to departmental policy on requesting purchase orders, placing commitments and distribution documents.
- Ensure all directives are entered into the system and tracked accordingly.
- Create Art Production Request Forms and provide images as needed.
- Manage planogram process for FOB. Work with merchant teams to create and ensure accuracy of planograms. Publish to workbench on set timeline.
- Coordinate and determine vendor signing and visual collateral for adequate merchandise support by store size. Primary role is to ensure all vendor adds are captured and plans are in place to identify each store each season.
- Coordinate and approve vendor supplied collateral and fixtures for use in stores - ensure deliveries and communicate proper usage and timing through workflow system.
- Ensure merchants submit all projects via the VM Request Form.
- Coordinate and provide updated information to support the Division Merchandise Presentation Directors on a bi-weekly basis on all new and revised merchandising programs.
- Negotiate corporate pricing with vendors on all existing and new programs as needed with Oversight by VM Manager.
- Negotiate vendor co-op and develop vendor supported visual programs with Oversight by VM Manager.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, art production meetings and division director's conference calls.
- Collaborate with New Store/Renovation Coordinator on master order form - assist in maintenance.
- Review all vendor shop installations with Visual Sr. Manager/Visual Manager as needed.
- Travel stores monthly to evaluate success and identify opportunities of seasonal projects.
- Participate in Prototype process as needed.
- Assist in setting up Senior Management Meetings, new and remodeled stores as needed, seasonal strategies, key initiatives and special projects as required.
- Shop the competition. Recognize and analyze specific opportunities related to area of expertise.
- Attend DMM and Buyer Strategy Meetings as required to understand the business and changing strategies.
- Special projects and others as assigned.
- Coordinating, planning and development of Visual Merchandising directives, planograms, brand guides, standards.
- Internal communication with Division Upper Management and Visual Directors.
- Internal communication with BSS Upper Management and Merchants.
- External communication with visual equipment vendors.
- External communication with outside contractors.
- External communication with merchandise vendors.
- Maintain Visual Expense budgets for assigned projects.
- Pro-active and solution-minded, demonstrates vision & leadership.
- Good planning and organizational skills, able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong communication - both verbal and written skills
- Able to interface and build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work both autonomously as well as with a team
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to periodically travel within the Belk footprint. Overnights are required.
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and effectively use that technology to meet the demands of the role
- Flexible and amenable to changes in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Must be able to multi-task while accommodating changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent years of experience
- Specific Degree: Visual Merchandising, Fashion Merchandising, Interior Design or Space Planning
- 1+ years of Women’s Apparel experience or equivalently relevant qualified experience
- Previous experience (1+ years) as Visual Merchandiser/Retail designer
- Experience with Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Ability to convey concept design through renders. Preferred experience with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Budget Experience
- Specific work or project experience: 2 years of experience in corporate visual merchandising, store planning or store design at management level
- Industry experience: 2 years Visual Merchandising or Design
- Specific Training: In Store Visual Merchandising and Corporate Visual Experience
- Knowledge of store organization and workload
- Computer skills - Fully Proficient in Adobe creative Suite, preferred experience with AutoCad, SkethUp,
- Working Knowledge of Lotus, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in multiple file formats, PC & MAC
- Preferred experience in Photoshop, InDesign CAD,
- Costing/Timing Negotiation with vendors on visual collateral and fixtures
- High level written and oral communication skills
- Innovative Design
- High level interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
- In-store visual merchandising work as needed for new concepts, merchandise tests, Event or Holiday specific prototype sets.
Sr. Manager, Visual Merchandising
Belkcareers.com is committed to making the on-line application experience easy and accessible to individuals with disabilities. We are constantly making improvements to comply with the spirit of the "Americans with Disabilities Act," and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If any of the information on the belkcareers.com website is not accessible to you due to a disability, please contact us via email at HRSharedServices@Belk.com. Please provide the location of the inaccessible information and the format you wish to have the information presented and we will be happy to send it to you, either via your email address or a separate mailing address you provide. If you prefer, you may contact one of our friendly Shared Services representatives at 1-800-588-3700 and we will be happy to assist you with the application process.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
Belk is an equal-opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, hair style, hair texture, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.