Cut & Sew/Knitwear Associate Designer
The position is based in our NYC Corporate office and reports to the Design Director.
- Responsible for the entire product design process for Cut & Sew/ Knit program including trend research, design boards, sketching, flats, fabric, trims, embroideries, tech pack development, approved lab dips, BOMs and fittings in collaboration Design Director
- Assist with selecting materials and production techniques to be used for products
- Involved in factory allocation, fabric/color allocation for all styles
- Regular communication with teams, business and creative partners and to ensure alignment on collection and calendar
- Create and update CADs along with a detailed tech pack for development with overseas factories
- Help develop knitwear standardization across each fabric category
- Take part in special projects, seasonal lookbook shoot and fashion week presentation
- 5+ years of related experience
- Hands on team player
- Ability to understand and fully incorporate the brand’s aesthetic
- Strong hand in flat sketching ability
- Excellent jersey fabric, knit construction and technical knowledge
- A strong understanding technical aspect of wash and finishing
- Detail oriented, organized, and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent sense of style and color
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and PLM
At Veronica Beard, we are committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where every single employee can thrive and feel valued. As a company, we firmly believe that there is strength in diversity. We seek to recruit talent from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds and are actively seeking candidates with a dedication to advancing equity, inclusion, and racial and social justice in their work.
Veronica Beard is committed to an environment of mutual respect and is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. No employee or applicant is discriminated against because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.