Cutting Team Leader - Responsabile Taglio
At Burberry, we believe creativity opens spaces. Our purpose is to unlock the power of imagination to push boundaries and open new possibilities for our people, our customers and our communities. This is the core belief that has guided Burberry since it was founded in 1856 and is central to how we operate as a company today.
We aim to provide an environment for creative minds from different backgrounds to thrive, bringing a wide range of skills and experiences to everything we do. As a purposeful, values-driven brand, we are committed to being a force for good in the world as well, creating the next generation of sustainable luxury for customers, driving industry change and championing our communities.
The Cutting Team Leader is responsible for managing the internal Cutting Department at Burberry Tecnica working on fabrics for the Outerwear category. The Cutting Team Leader ensures the work is done accurately, meeting quality standards, costs and deadlines.
- Managing Burberry Tecnica's in-house cutting department, consisting of a team of 3 people working on Lectra automatic cutting machines, Macpi laser cutting machines and manual cutting of checked or printed fabrics;
- Ensure that deadlines are met and follow up all cutting issues to resolve and complete them so that production targets are met;
- Manage scheduled work and cutting operator workload to maintain an efficient workflow in accordance with scheduling;
- Ensure work is completed on time and to specified requirements;
- Anticipate and identify problems to mitigate any challenges during the cutting process;
- Liaise with the CAD office, pattern makers, internal fabric inspectors, PD and production offices;
- Guarantee cutting efficiency by finding the best pattern placement strategy;
- Ensure quality and machine efficiency;
- Visiting and supporting the external cutting department in order to check and approve the cutting assignements.
- Proven experience in the role (previous proven experience in pattern making and CAD will be evaluated);
- High school diploma - Degree in technical disciplines;
- Strong knowledge of cutting high quality garment fabrics with the ability to work on both automatic machines (Lectra Cutting - Macpi Laser Cutting) and manual machines for cutting;
- Flexibility and product knowledge, being able to work with different types of products and materials at the same time;
- Technical ability to provide solutions to ensure smooth operation;
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate and share information effectively;
- Ability to work confidently with cross-functional teams.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: Italy || Not Applicable || Turin || INTERNAL MANUFACTURING || NO DEPARTMENT - FSCT9011 || n/a ||