Data Scientist II, Merchandise Planning & Inventory Management (Remote)
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global merchandise planning data science team, where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions to improve our business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data science community. As a Data Scientist II, you will help develop models that address specific needs while bringing cutting-edge research into production. You will report in the Global Head of AI for Demand & Supply.
- Master's/Ph.D. degree (computer science, applied mathematics, applied statistics, data science, or related technical discipline).
- Overall 5+ years (with bachelor's or Masters) or 2+ years (for PhDs) of professional experience in Data Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, or Operational Research in the tech or retail industry.
About the Job:
- Partner with teams across the global organization and own multiple roadmap work streams to allow us to use advanced ML and DL techniques to solve complex retail problems.
- Brainstorm problem statements with the team to put the best solution statements forward to our partners.
- Conduct advanced statistical analysis to provide applicable insights, identify trends, and measure performance
- Build complex predictive models using ML and DL techniques with production quality code and jointly own complex data science workflows with the Data Engineering team.
- Mentor junior team members in building the best of the class solutions on their roadmap items.
- Scan the Data Science landscape for recent developments and opportunities to integrate new methodologies into the existing project portfolio.
- Research best practices, conducting experiments, and working with industry leaders.
- Ensure that the risks associated with projects are raised to ensure all projects stay on track.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience analyzing data and developing supervised and unsupervised models; including variable selection, feature engineering, model generation, model diagnostics, interpretability, and deployment.
- 5+ years of experience writing complex SQL queries and working with large datasets in cloud/Hadoop-based environments. Experience writing Hive and Spark jobs.
- 4+ years of experience with data visualization tools (D3 Js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau, or similar); able to determine the appropriate visualization for a variety of data types and create compelling stories with data.
- 4+ years of experience deploying Machine Learning algorithms in a production environment.
- 4+ years of experience developing Deep Learning based solutions for the production environment.
- Experience working with different cloud services to develop ML solutions: AWS or GCP.
- Expert-level Python, R, or similar programming skills.
- Experience in Reinforcement Machine Learning is a huge plus.
- Experience with distributed systems (Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, or Spark)
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health, or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise