Decorative Pillow Designer
VCNY Home is a forward-thinking home textiles supplier offering modern designs for every lifestyle and budget; we specialize in bedding, bath, window treatments, area rugs, home décor, and table linens. We empower our employees to think creatively and autonomously to take their careers and our company to the next level.
The Designer is responsible for the creative design of Home Textiles products for a variety of retailers ranging from Mass Market to Fashion Market. The person will execute from concept to finished product all designs by working with our vast design support teams. The position works very closely with our Sales, Merchandising, and Production teams in the United States.
- Created new fabrics. Have experience with weaves, texture, and color.
- Design Home Textiles products for a diverse customer base.
- Work on customer-specific development.
- Work with the Merchandising and Design Teams in developing original designs from a concept to a finished product.
- Review factory samples for pattern, color, repeat, and construction.
- Assist the Technical Design Team in the preparations of instructions and the creation of technical specs.
- Assist in the creation of presentation boards.
- Assist in the creation of trend boards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Design.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Home Textiles design with working experience in
- decorative pillows.
- Must have fabric construction knowledge including jacquard and embroidery.
- Expertise in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Ned Graphics.
A business casual work environment,FREE on-site gym, complimentary shuttle service from Secaucus train station, andearly departures Fridays.
Heath, Vision & Dental Benefits, Flex spending, Transit, and 401K plan.