Dedicated Store Visual Merchandiser
DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a Dedicated Store Visual Merchandiser for our Fayette Mall location in Kentucky!
The Dedicated Store Visual Merchandiser is responsible for supporting the daily store implementation of the visual merchandising standards, directives, and driving consistent visual merchandising standards across the store to achieve the company's goals pertaining to brand standards, product presentation and product sell through.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Promotes visual merchandising excellence in assigned store location through understanding of brand strategies, gameplan integrity and thoughtful merchandising. Solves merchandising opportunities based on architecture, inventory, selldown and individual store unique floorplan. Makes adjustments needed to maintain strategies, and create inspiring presentations.
- Supports store team with major gameplan sets by understanding merchandising strategies and ensure game plan integrity. Partners with store team on solving new merchandising opportunities as product arrives. Re-merchandises product to maximize sales and reacts to trends, weather and inventory levels.
- Maintains and presents visual displays in a compelling and exciting manner in accordance with company directives. Oversee and maintain daily standards of all mannequins, forms, displays and strikepoints. Focusing on Head-To-Toe merchandising, outfitting, accessorizing, newness and trend, to promote and build the basket. Has a strong understanding of trend and style that is reflective through merchandising. Utilizes merchandising best practices to maximize space and inventory variability.
- Partners with Field Visual Merchandiser and provides feedback relevant on store, merchandising, In-store displays, product and inventory best practices.
- Conduct weekly store tours with Store Manager and ASM Apparel focused on visual priorities for the week/month. Participates in conference calls with Field Visual Merchandiser on visual priorities and initiatives.
- Evaluates and understands store KPIs to make commercial decisions and recommendations based on sound financial judgment in order to drive sales, margin and turns.
- Engage in behaviors that are in line with Company’s customer service standards, thus providing all athletes with an outstanding store experience.
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, our goal is to become the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: We offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment. As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK'S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
- Associate's Degree in Business Management, Retail Management, Visual Merchandising.
- 1-3 years visual merchandising experience (preferable in softlines).
- A demonstrated understanding of customer and retail merchandising strategies
- Strong problem solving skills based on analytics
- Ability to be flexible and prioritize multiple projects while meeting deadlines and working independently
- Ability to demonstrate strong conflict management skills and negotiate to resolution
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, overnight and weekend shifts. Able to commute across a designated geographical territory.
Click HERE to review our Rewards & Benefits Information
DICK’S Sporting Goods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.