Demand Planning Manager - CAT
Cat Footwear is driven by the belief that generations of builders, makers and creators can turn challenge into enduring greatness. As the exclusive global footwear licensee of Caterpillar Inc., Cat Footwear has been living up to the hardworking spirit of both the Caterpillar® trademark and the millions of consumers who trust the brand. Cat Footwear originally created a small collection of rugged work boots designed to provide workers with the comfort and durability that met the challenges of the worksite. Today, Cat Footwear is a global lifestyle brand.
TheGlobal Demand Planning teamowns and is accountable for the global alignment from all regions for asset management, demand planning, supply planning, and fiscal alignment.
- Inventory optimization and metrics:Manages and executes inventory asset management strategy, in units and dollars, by developing optimized inventory, turnover goals, and Open-to-Buy (OTB) targets; aligned to global goals, for assigned region and/or categories. High level of collaboration with sales and finance required.
- Service, Margin, Quality: Manage region/category inventory flow to maximize sales and service levels, while minimize product obsolescence. Plans and manages seasonal buy programs in accordance with the buy calendar and lead times. Works to meet service level targets and reports on progress for each period. Provide recommendations to sales and finance to clear out underperforming stock.
- On-hand SKU optimization: Manage on-hand SKU counts to established KPIs and continuously evaluates performance.
- Forecasting:Create and validate shipment forecasts at the stock number level, utilizing brand strategy, trend, account forecasts, competitive information and market conditions. Partner with sales and finance to ensure alignment between demand planning forecasts and financial forecasts; communicate any gaps/opportunities. Manages monthly and seasonal demand and supply forecasts, planned inventory and safety stock, and reconciles with OTB.
- SKU development and Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) analysis:Provide recommendation to the Demand Planning Lead for seasonal development SKU efficiency based on improving productivity per SKU. Monitor and provide recommendations for expected MOQ concerns (drop, consolidated buy, pre-buy materials, etc).
- Execution of outbound product distribution strategy:Collaborates with sales, DTC and marketing teams to provide operational support to ensure successful launch of new product into market. Collaborates with sales to construct order booking programs to ensure timely and organized backlog. Monitors booking activity against inventory flow constraints and adjusts and communicates new availability dates accordingly. Provide critical operational support of order allocation, fill, and shipment during key fiscal deadlines, at period, quarter and year-end.
- Inventory Procurement:Lead and manage monthly factory buys, for assigned region and categories, in alignment with Global buy calendar, to achieve financial sales and inventory goals. Negotiate best production dates to support customer demand and inventory requirements. Maintain delivery information on all open purchase orders from issuance to receipt. Manage, collaborate and communicate production shifts due to commercialization issues or sourcing changes. Continuously monitor market sell thru, inventory levels, booking, and shipping trends to direct necessary adjustments to factory purchase order dates, styles and/or sizes.
- Factory Capacity and Production Management:Collaborates with GOG on short- and long-range production, receipt, and inventory forecasts by stock number, and fiscal period by factory. Manages monthly production priorities per factory in accordance with Global Brand Capacity strategies, regional demand, and market availability expectations. Participate in, and drive consensus of demand and supply in monthly collaboration meetings with global planning leadership and GOG. Leads and collaborates with commercialization and sourcing operations team to ensure production output will support largest weekly volumes. Consistently monitor changes in production flow, anticipate results of these changes, and initiate appropriate adjustments when results negatively affect plans and commitments. Identify delivery issues and construct solutions.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Advanced Excel Capabilities
- 5+ years’ experience in planning and/or merchandising
- Demonstrates financially astute business management with the ability to impact financial outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized and self-motivated; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while still achieving agreed upon deadlines
- Knowledge of inventory math, APICS certification a plus
- Basic understanding of product lifecycle planning
- Strong financial acumen
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of supply chain/factory process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience preferred
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).