Demand Planning Manager - Chaco
Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
TheDemand Planning Managerdevelops annual plans by region for assigned area of responsibility. Leads the effort of forecasting and purchasing of product to maximize sales demand. Develops and ensures appropriate inventory levels including meeting ending inventory goals.
- Develop and communicate SKU targets for brand linked to SGP, OTB and aligned with brand direction.
- Manage and lead end of life SKU management and disposition. Partner with Sales team or selloff vendors to aggregate and move end of life merchandise. Partner with finance to forecast and manage inventory reserves.
- Oversees inventory allocation to meet revenue goals and customer expectations.
- Develops annual business plans by period including sales, inventory and margin along with all other pertinent financial aspects of the assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyzes and recommends pattern and style counts.
- Supervises and closely monitors the buying of product throughout the selling cycles.
- Works with all aspects of the business to ensure time frames and deadlines are met concerning the production and delivery of product.
- Re-forecasts and recommends changes to plans and executes approved adjustments.
- Works with PD and Sales Team to lock down depth of line and execute appropriate regional adjustments.
- Partners with Demand Planning team to ensure best practices become consistent and put into place.
- Ensures that product plans by period are consistent with factory capacity.
- Attend sales meeting to assist in product presentations and review numerical trends and goals.
- Supervise assigned Demand Planners as well as providing appropriate training to develop company bench strength.
- Ensure merchandise is planned and provided to the retail group for sale in our full price and off price retail outlets.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of planning/merchandise experience.
- 2+ year’s supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Possess advanced Excel skills and other Microsoft Applications.
- Ability to relate to and influence all levels of management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the big picture.
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).