Denim Design Internship
As an intern in the Denim Design department at Acne Studios you will work closely together with our ambitious and dedicated team. You will be responsible of assisting the designers in creating new designs starting from research till final product.
The work environment at Acne Studios is fast-paced and energetic; no day is ever the same. You will be based at Acne Studios Head Office in Stockholm, but you might have commitments that require travelling. The expected start is in September 2022.
Tasks includes, but are not limited to
- Assist the design team with the administrative day-to-day needs and participate in the development of the entire creative design process
- Support with the research and picture database, update collection boards and overviews
- Support the designers with stitching toiles, test fabrics & interlinings, make stitch trials, prepare finishing mock up, stitch final protos for proto meetings
- Communicate and work closely with departments such as development and pattern
- Assist the design team in fitting sessions, prepare presentations and setting up meetings
- BA or MA degree in Fashion Design
- Available for a period of 5-6 months
- Very thorough knowledge of fashion history, archetypes
- Fluency in English language is an essential requirement
- Adobe suite skills are a must, with the ability to use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign to a high standard
- Good sewing skills both on industrial and domestic machines
- Independent, highly organized and proactive
- A team player with strong communication skills
- Solid knowledge in denim design
- Being flexible and able to multitask
As we interview candidates continuously, we kindly ask you to register your application as soon as possible. Please ensure your application is written in English and contains examples of your work, CV and a personal letter.
We may perform background checks for this position.