Summary: The Denim Designer will be responsible for researching, sketching, and developing the denim line alongside Senior Denim Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead research and development of all seasonal denim design and wash concepts. Responsible for bringing new design and wash ideas to the table each season.
- Ownership of sketches and callouts, making sure all teams have up-to-date sketches and all design boards are updated.
- Upload information and sketches to RLM system and updating as needed.
- Participate in denim fittings and partner with technical designers to pass off accurate and timely information to factories at development and bulk production stages.
- Strong understanding of denim fits and specifications, able to build upon existing blocks to create seasonal fashion bodies.
- Partner with PD to drive innovation and sustainability initiatives in denim, through raw materials, washes, artwork and finishing techniques.
- Seek innovation through vintage research, market research, tradeshows and on-line research.
- Understanding of denim industry trends and sustainability advancements.
- Strong technical denim wash knowledge, able to troubleshoot wash formulas with factories.
- Prepare presentation boards with inspiration, fabrication, and washes for internal milestone meetings.
- Partner with cross-functional team to meet all calendar and milestone deadlines.
- Track, manage and organize vintage and wash library.
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related field. Minimum 3-5 years of Denim experience.
- Must have worked in denim apparel category.
- Expertise in denim and non-denim wash methods.
- Strong understanding of denim garment construction and textiles.
- Highly organized, motivated and detail oriented, with an innate sense for trend and color direction.
- Must be a team player and able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in standard computer programs, Microsoft Office, and design related software, Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
In compliance with the New York City salary transparency requirements, the potential salary for this position is from $100,000 to $110,000, which represents a range commensurate with experience, knowledge, and skills required.