Our Client is seeking an on-site Denim Designer (Womenswear) to join their corporate office in Vernon, CA. This candidate will be working closely with Denim Design Director and leading a Junior brand for the company. He/She will also be handling a private label leg of the brand and designing and developing the fashion denim styles from concept to production.
Please note this is a Full-time IN-OFFICE ROLE.
- Collaborate with the Design team to identify trending seasonal big ideas, key trends, and silhouettes in Junior Fashion Denim.
- Design/ develop inspirational protos for seasonal conceptual meetings.
- Conduct competitive market research.
- Flawless execution of product and design vision from concept, sketch/design creation, through production.
- Prepare presentation boards (Sketches, washes, fabrics).
- Adhere to and enforce all calendar deadlines.
- Collaborates with internal partners (Design, Production, Development, Sales, etc) and external resources (agents, suppliers, laundries, mills, factories, etc).
- Monitors product category trends. Recommends product piece types for development and inclusion in the line.
- Complete spec/tech packages including technical illustrations, construction details, trim sheets, etc.
- 3-5 years of design experience in Womenswear/ Junior Denim is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent.
- Knowledge/ work experience in manufacturing with Domestic and International factories (including construction and fit) and component sourcing/manufacturing (materials development, duties, etc.).
- Ability to problem-solve when dealing with specifications, construction, or material issues with vendors.
- Strong Photoshop & Illustrator skills.
- Strong sketching and design capability.