Denim Designer, Womans Wholesale Apparel
PREMIER BRANDS GROUP HOLDINGS
Iconic by Nature, Exceptional by Design
Premier Brands Group Holdings, A Global Leader in Apparel, Jewelry and Accessories Design
Driven by excellence and innovative talent, Premier Brands Group is a leading, global apparel group of iconic brands, offering a diverse portfolio in denim, women’s apparel, and jewelry.
Premier Brands Group is comprised of three distinct businesses that create top-tier brands for the discerning consumer. One Jeanswear Group designs and distributes a distinguished portfolio of branded and private label Jeanswear throughout North America.
An apparel industry leader for 30+ years, The Kasper Group has remained committed to excellence in offering iconic brands and relevant womenswear designs.
The Jewelry Group has a 20+ year legacy of developing, sourcing and selling elevated fashion jewelry pieces, with a design-centric point of view. Our legacy is rooted in our rich portfolio of the most covetable denim, apparel, jewelry and accessories brands in the world. Each respective group is Iconic by Nature and Exceptional by Design
Premier Brands Group Inc. currently has a great opportunity for a Denim Designer. This role is responsible for creating and executing original bottoms designs. The Senior Designer will create products from development through production with a focus on fit, fabric, finish and costing. The Senior Designer must be able to identify emerging fashion trends and business opportunities to be at the forefront of design in this zone. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Research and identify trend directions
- Shop marketplace, our competitive set and for inspiration and product opportunities
- Plan the line according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends
- Develop product, and marketing concepts for emerging categories or items
- Develop fabrics, wash finishes, color palettes, special trims and styling details
- Ensure product is being designed within cost parameters
- Create artwork for product packaging, labeling and hardware
- Work with suppliers on execution to make sure the elements fall within our cost targets
- Manage all overseas communication with sample facilities for sample execution
- Attend all comparison fittings, first proto fittings and production fittings
- Give concise feedback to technical design on how to adjust garments
- Ensure production fits are to our specifications
- Merchandise and style showrooms for presentations to sales
- Collaborate with marketing and sales on collateral for buyers and in store marketing needs
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with sales, production, tech, fabric R&D and marketing
- Adhere to time and action calendar
- Work closely with Director of Design, VPs of Sales and production teams in all aspects of product development
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA degree from accredited art/fashion school
- 5 +years of experience in apparel design
- Proficient sketching in Illustrator
- Create initial specs
- Ability to interface with Department heads outside of Design i.e., Production/Sales to drive results
- Ability to develop a line from concept to completion without supervision from supervisors
- Ability to identify key trends and determine how they appropriately relate to the brand/consumer
· PLM experience a plus but not required
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
When applying, please include the link to your on-line portfolio or, upload examples of your work (include sketches).
Salary Range: 80-100K
*Actual base salary for this role within the above range will be based upon experience, qualifications and/or assigned unit.