Denim Designer Women
Denim. It's our passion. It's in our blood.
But we are not just another denim brand.
At G-Star, we are obsessed with denim. Together we push to invent, explore and take craftsmanship to another level. Down to the smallest detail and with a strong belief that there is no limit to what denim can do. To achieve this, we are always looking for hardcore thinkers and do-ers, who want to join us in creating the future of premium and purposeful denim.
Are you up for the challenge?
Are you the perfect fit for our team?
Are you a bit of a rebellious spirit?
Then we would love to hear from you!
Job descriptionHere's what we'll do together:
The G-Star Styling & Design Department develops the G-Star collection, starting by doing research in the form of traveling to different markets & trade fairs, digital & historic/vintage research to determine new fits, fabrics, colors and details. In short, the Styling Department develops and creates the entire G-Star collection.
The Womenswear Denim Designer is a vital member of the design department creating volume products, still keeping innovation at its highest. We are looking for an exceptional individual who lives and breathes denim and is an out-of-the-box thinker that can work within a highly creative team. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Creative thinking and sharp attention to detail combined with a passion for denim is essential to achieve the best creations for each collection.
ProfileHere's what you bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in fashion design, fashion management, fashion merchandising or equivalent from a recognized academic institution
- At least 4 years womenswear denim design experience in a denim, street or sportswear (non-technical) design team
- At least one year responsibility for designing for more than one product group (preferably in all product groups: T's, sweats, shirts, jackets, pants)
- Preferable experience in designing for monthly deliveries
- Knowledge of pattern cutting
- Excellent skills in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Fluent in English
- Fulltime available