Denim Mid-Level Apparel Technical Designer
designer ofCinch® and Cruel®
is searching for its newest team member at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado! Our nextDenim Mid-LevelTechnical Designer
will need to possess excellent team skills, and basic garment fit and construction knowledge. Whoever fills this position will be responsible for supporting the entire Product Development Department. The person who fills this position also needs to have a passion for the work they do, and a strong desire to learn and grow.
Our employees have the opportunity to work in a fun, casual, laid back atmosphere. If you have a base amount of Technical Design experience or educational background, then this is your opportunity to be a part of something great! We want to hear from you if you possess the following skills, abilities, and qualifications:
Salary - $53,000 - $65,000/annually
As a Denim Mid-Level Technical Designer, you would be responsible for:
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables you to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Create technical packets in PLM ensuring that all details are commercially viable with the factories and are the most cost-effective.
- Review technical packets and samples from contractors for design accuracy and integrity.
- Execute design and fit intent into bulk production while maintaining corporate standards.
- Collaborate with team members and cross-functional team members to gain clear direction and consensus of design and fit intent.
- Identify potential production, quality, and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
- Work closely with the Quality department throughout the development process to ensure communication of potential production quality issues.
- Negotiate costs with vendors.
- Ensure size and fit consistency within the brand and across product categories.
- Lead fit sessions and takes initiative as the fit expert of all products.
- Build and maintain fit base Libraries including sketches and finished garment measurements.
- Review and maintain the How-To-Measure Manual.
- Track and manage workflow and workload for own products
- Identify and proactively engage business partners when issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions.
- Foster open communication and team environment with all business partners.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional meetings as appropriate.
- Participate in process reviews and suggest ideas for improving procedures; Help ensure processes and procedures which have been established are being followed by the team.
- Assist other team members with pattern and grading questions and concerns.
- Review the work of less tenured colleagues and guide them through any discrepancies they may encounter in order to help them learn and grow.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A) From a four-year college or university
- At least 9+ years of related experience and or training
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency; strong sense of time awareness.
- Thorough attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Denim Experience
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as fractions, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to multi-task: Use the combination of organization, time management, scheduling and preparation to get multiple tasks completed by the established deadlines.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to analyze quality and maintain standards with contractors.
- Ability to produce computer-generated technical sketches.
- Team-oriented, entrepreneurial, proactive attitude.
- Expert knowledge of fabrics, construction, finishes, trims, fitting, and techniques.
- Expert knowledge in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit; Ability to make pattern adjustments.
- Ability to make independent decisions based on a higher level of knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to mentor less tenured teammates and share knowledge and expertise with others.
- Ability to think big picture; Thorough understanding of how Product Development decisions and processes impact other areas of the Company (i.e. Sales)
- Proficient in Illustrator
- Knowledge of Photoshop
Miller International not only offers competitive pay, but we also pride ourselves on a spectacular benefits package and generous Paid Time Off plan in addition to other unique perks. In short, the Company firmly believes in the importance of maintaining a proper work-life balance.
If this sounds like a position you genuinely want to fill, send us your resume and cover letter telling us about yourself and why you would like to work with us. Out of state candidates are welcome to apply, as long as you are willing to relocate to our wonderful city: Denver, Colorado.
We can’t wait to hear from you!