Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the CEO
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About The Job
In this newly created position you will report directly to the Chief of Staff to the CEO & Co-Founder of Rent the Runway. 60% of your time will be spent on strategic initiatives across the office of the CEO, and 40% of your time will be spent on administrative matters that relate to the CEO’s time management. You will have unique access to high visibility projects led by the CEO and her team and provide support to drive these initiatives forward. You will support internal and external efforts that support the research, development and execution of highly strategic growth and brand initiatives, business model innovations, investor relations, corporate development and communications for the company. We are seeking a natural multitasker and stellar communicator with voracious curiosity who thrives in a fast paced environment and is excited to learn the RTR business via this entry point. We see this as an 18-month position, after which you would be eligible for consideration to transition to another role within Rent the Runway.What You’ll Do
- Lead strategic projects related to business development and innovation on behalf of the Office of the CEO, acting as an internal liaison cross functionally and an external representative
- Develop and share market and industry research, trend reports, and competitive insights / intelligence, presenting findings to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Own the creation of materials, research and follow up for meetings and projects on behalf of the Office of the CEO, including board meetings, company all-hands meetings, fundraising, investor communications and external c-level conversations
- Act as a conduit for internal company communication, working with the PR/Communications and People teams in support of culture building initiatives, events and talent development opportunities
- Build effective internal relationships with key stakeholders in core functions such as marketing, PR, product, finance, operations, etc. in order to partner on cross functional projects and drive alignment
- Develop and maintain a robust project management system for the Office of the CEO to successfully track new and existing projects
- Support CEO in creating and posting impactful social media content across various platforms (Tiktok, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Own administrative support to the CEO for business-related matters, managing all aspects of the CEO's business calendar and schedule including: calls, zooms, appointments, meetings, travel, transportation, Board of Directors coordination, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior experience in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization including, senior executives, board members, etc.
- Proficiency in Gmail, Google docs, Slack and Zoom plus basic word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Outlook, Word, Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Extreme attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and demonstrate ability to juggle multiple completing tasks and demands
- Must be forward thinking and constantly one step ahead
- You bring a “do whatever it takes” attitude and are ready to jump in; no task is too big or too small
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $65,000 - $80,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.